Chapter 41

I stood in front of a red door that I haven’t seen in two years. I wonder what Bryan will think, about me showing up out of thin air. Although he is probably use to it, due to the fact that I use to do it a lot when we were dating. I stood at the door looking at it, without me knowing my hand reached up and knocked on the door. I pulled my hand away quickly, I wanted to run and hide but my feet where nailed to the floor. “Beth?”

“Yes?” I said as I looked to the floor.

“What are you doing?” Bryan asked me as he slid his hand under my chin and raised it up to make me look at him.

“I don’t know.” I said in a low voice.

“What brought you here?” He asked as he moved some hair out of my face.

“It’s a long story.” I said as I moved my chin so I could look to the ground.

“Well come in.” Bryan said as he stepped to the side, so I could go in.

“Thank you.” I said with a smile as I walked past him and set on the love seat in the small little living room.

“Your welcome, now tell me your ‘long story’” He said as he wrapped me in a hug and pulled me towards him.

“The father of my children is in a hotel room with another girl that he got pregnant. He is a major man whore, who won’t admit it. This girl texted me on his phone leaving me a message saying ‘Looks like I won’” I said in a small voice as tears filled my eyes.

“Shhhh, everything is going to be okay.” He said as he pulled me into his lap as he hugged me closer. “Wait! You have kids?”

“Yes, I made one hell of a stupid mistake.” I said as I looked at him.

“What was your stupid mistake?” Bryan asked looking at me. “Leaving me?”

“That and falling in love with my cousin.” I ask in a low voice hoping he wouldn’t hear what I have just said.

“Wow, I told you.” He said as he shook his head.  “You should have stayed with me.”

“I know, but you wanted a family and I wasn’t ready.”

“But yet you were ready to have a family with your cousin!” He said in a yell.

“I am sorry, but my twins were not planned!” I said in a scream as I jumped off of his lap.

“It doesn’t matter if you have twins with dozens of other guys, but I will still love you!” Bryan said as he stood up and wrapped him arms around my waist and pulled me towards him.

“That seems to be happening to a lot of guys.” I said as I looked at him.

“You have always had me under your spell.” Bryan said as he pulled me as close as he could. “You just have a certain thing that puts a spell on little boys.”

“You weren’t little when we fell in love.” I spoke as I look into his deep green eyes.

“Your right, I wasn’t.” He said looking back into my eyes. “I was 17, while you were 15”

“Oh my god, you birthday is coming up!” I said as I looked at him, and tapped my fingers on his back counting how many more days he had left. “What are you going to do for you 19th birthday?”

“I don’t know.” He said as he stared at me.

“Well if you don’t have anything planned we should so do something.”

“I’ll make sure to tell you.” He said as she smiled at me. “Wait why you are in a dress?”

“Today is my birthday.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because I didn’t know I was going to end up here.”

“Well, here is your present.” He said as he pulled me into a kiss, he kissed me 17 times and then pulled away. “And one for good luck.”

I smiled into each kiss, I missed Bryan. All his old ways, all his playing around and most of all the lovely kisses he always gave me. The next thing I remember is waking up in a pair of his boxers and a t-shirt of his. I rolled out of the bed and walked into the kitchen fixing me a cup of coffee, walking back into his bedroom and into the bathroom to wash my face and fix my hair. As I walked out of the bathroom Bryan stood up and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Good morning beautiful.” He said as he whispered into my ear.

“Hello.”

“Bry, do you still have some of my clothes in your closet?” I asked as I looked at him.

“Sure, check the closet.” He said as he let go and pointed to the closet.

I walked into the closet to find some of my old clothes; I pulled on some white short shorts and pulled on a white V-neck shirt. When I was done I didn’t say anything, I grabbed my dress and walked out the door making sure to leave him a note.