Sweet Dreams 4x19

Blake leans against her door frame, smirking slightly as she watches Rachel pose in front of the mirror in the living room. She giggles as the various hats make their way on and off of her head. Over the past couple of days, it's been weird being back in New York. After everything that went down in Lima, Blake didn't think she'd be ready to go back. Sadly, life continues.

"Hello gorgeous." Rachel poses in her leopard print hat.

Blake finally steps forward, "You know you don't need to look like Barbara to capture her essence right?" She quirks an eyebrow.

Rachel jumps slightly at the sudden sound and puts a hand over her chest, "Blake! Don't scare me like that." She laughs.

"Sorry." Blake apologizes with a small smile. "I'm just saying, I know you're terrified about this audition, but I just want you to remember why they picked Barbara." She walks over to the table where Rachel had set up a shrine to Barbara, "She was unique. She didn't have to copy anyone else who came before." She looks back at Rachel and grabs her hands, "You're special Rachel. You don't need to copy Barbara."

Rachel sighs, "No one has or ever will play Fanny Brice better than her." She shakes her head, straightening the photo Blake had slightly messed up. "My best option is to fill my repertoire with all of her songs so I'm ready to impress."

"I will never understand how you are able to talk about how special you are, when you never use it to your advantage." Blake says endearingly.

"Look, Barbara is one of a kind okay?" Rachel shrugs with a slightly upset look. "What if when I go to that audition, it just proves what I'm most afraid of... That I'm not good enough for this."

"Rachel, that's not gonna happen." Blake shakes her head, grabbing her hand comfortingly. "You've always known you were going to be a star. Don't let the unknown scare you. You're going to go to that audition and blow everyone out of the water." She smiles. "Just don't forget, your uniqueness is what makes you special. If you think Barbara will get you a callback, use her. But just remember Rachel Berry is who they're looking for. Not Barbara Streisand."

Rachel pauses for a moment, taking Blake's words into consideration before gazing back up at the brunette. "Thank you." She nods. "But how are you doing? You know, after everything?"

Blake shrugs, "I might be a little more shaken up than I'd like to admit, but I'll be okay." She reassures.

"Kurt told me you have a Skype meeting today with the Russo brothers and some of the cast for the movie." Rachel brings up, happy for her. "That's exciting."

Blake breathes out heavily, "I'm a little nervous." She admits.

"Don't be." Rachel shakes her head. "I mean, everyone loves you." She grins. "They'd be crazy not to."

"I hope so." Blake chuckles. "It'll be nice to talk to Chris again."

"You'll have to let me know how it goes." Rachel requests.

"I will. It should be over at the same time you come home from your audition."

"Perfect." Rachel smiles. "That means we can vent to each other."

"We have to include Kurt though." Blake points out.

"Oh he'd kill us if we didn't."

             ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

     Blake usually isn't a picky person when it comes to what she wears, but she is being an absolute stickler about this Skype meeting. And they can't even see below her top half. The brunette nervously bites her nails as her eyes completely dissect the clothing in her closet.