Audition 2x01

Blake stands at her locker quickly brushing her hand through her hair, wanting to untangle it while she can

Blake stands at her locker quickly brushing her hand through her hair, wanting to untangle it while she can. She leans forward slightly and smiles into her small locker mirror to make sure she doesn't have anything in her teeth. Her first day of junior year has to be perfect.

"Blake! Blake! Jacob Ben Israel here."

The girl internally groans and slams her locker door shut, "What do you want cremé puff?" She rolls her eyes.

"How do you address the rumors that your supposed lover Jesse St. James left you over the summer because of a newfound interest in California." The boy asks excitedly, putting the microphone in her face.

Blake shrugs, "Yeah. He's going to UCLA, so we thought it would be best if we separated for now. He's a freshman in college and I'm a junior in high school. Problems were going to arise at some point." She says, nonchalantly.

Blake begins to walk away, but the red headed boy just won't give it a rest. He chases after her, the cameraman following suit. "And how do you feel knowing that Finn Hudson chose Rachel Berry to be his one and only instead of you?"

"I'm happy for them." Blake says, uninterested. "Love is love and I'm glad they found it."

"I have four sources confirming you've had three mental breakdowns over the summer because of it." Jacob continues.

"Then maybe you should find some new sources." She looks at him irritated. "No more questions." She commands and aggressively pushes the camera away from her face.

"Did you get that?" Jacob smiles, "Well you heard it here first people. Blake Henley is jealous."

Blake makes her way over to the choir room and smiles at the sight of Mercedes and Tina. She squeals as she runs over to the two girls, both of them enveloping her in a hug.

"Girl, where have you been?" Mercedes laughs, "I've been trying to reach you all summer."

Blake laughs, "My dad took us to Italy for the summer."

"What?!" Both girls exclaim.

Blake nods, "Yeah. He wanted to make up for never being home most of the time. So, Italy was his apology present."

"How was the food?" Tina smiles.

"It was so good." Blake reminisces, "Seriously, Breadstix is trash compared to the food I had there."

"I bet." Mercedes nods, "It's Italy. It would be kinda disappointing if the food was bad."

Blake laughs and takes a seat next to the two girls, continuing to talk about her trip. She notices Finn and Rachel walk into the room hand in hand, and completely averts her eyes. She hasn't talked to Finn since the school year ended. She wanted to reach out to him over the summer, but figured it would be best to keep some distance between them since he's dating Rachel. Believe it or not the only people she really talked to over break were Ace, Quinn, and Kurt. She tried to reach out to Puck, but he seemed to fall off the face of the earth.