Throwdown 1x07

I'm gonna be completely honest... not my best work. But I wanted to get this chapter out. Thank you for continuing to read this story. It means a lot. Sorry for the note, I know they can get annoying 😅

     "As we head into sectionals, I wanna get some feedback." Mr. Schue looks at his students. "Like, what kind of stuff you guys would like to be doing. Is there anything... any music in particular... that you guys wanna do?"

"Can we maybe try something a little more black?" Mercedes says looking around.

Kurt nods his head at his friend's statement, "I agree. We do an awful lot of show tunes."

"Mhm." Blake agrees.

"It's Glee club, not Crunk club." Rachel rolls her eyes.

Blake scoffs at the short girl. "Don't make me take you to the carpet." Mercedes sasses.

"Fantastic! Thank you, Mercedes, Blake, Kurt. Duly noted. Anything else?"

"I can pop and lock." Mike suggests.

Mr. Schue dismisses him, "Not really what we're going for Mike. But... noted, noted, yes." He also comments not wanting to seem offensive.

"So much for what we wanna do." Blake mutters.

"Did you expect anything less?" Ace whispers.

"I guess not. I was just hoping we'd do something more inclusive." The girl looks at her friend.

"One can only hope."

The bell rings and the two walk out and are joined by Kurt and Mercedes.

"That girl is really getting on my nerves." Mercedes says.

"Yeah, no kidding." Ace scoffs, "But hey, why get our hopes up to perform, when we have never had someone else besides Rachel and Finn sing."

"Blake sang that one time for the invitationals." Kurt points out.

"Oh yeah! I forgot about that." Ace says.

"Thanks." The brunette girl says offended.

"No wait- I didn't- I didn't mean it in a bad way." The boy says, flailing his arms. "All I'm saying is, you did good then, so it would be kinda cool if he gave you another shot."

"Nice save." Kurt says.

"Shut up." He rolls his eyes.

"I think everyone deserves a shot. Not just me." Blake looks down the hallway.

"Yeah, but like Ace said, it's not likely any of us are gonna have that opportunity." Mercedes looks at the taller brunette disappointedly.

"Maybe one day."

              ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

     "Where are we going?" Blake says laughing as she gets drug down the hallway.

"You'll see." Noah Puckerman smiles.

He brings the girl to the familiar door of the choir room and opens it, ushering her in.

"What are we doing here?"

"So, I had this thought." He starts saying.

"That's terrifying." The brunette remarks sarcastically.

"Shut up." He playfully rolls his eyes. "What if you asked Mr. Schue to sing one of your songs at sectionals?"

Blake's eyes widened, not understanding how the boy knew about her songs. "What?"