Britney/Brittany 2x02

"Mom?!" Blake exclaims. Not believing that the woman who completely abandoned her family is standing at their house.

"Hi honey." Her mom smiles.

Blake looks at her mother in disbelief, not able to say a word to the woman in front of her who has become a complete stranger. Derek noticing Blake's change in demeanor, steps forward to protect his sister.

"What are you doing here?" He asks coldly.

"Oh Der bear." Their mother cooes, "You look just like your father." She says coming closer to the boy.

Derek puts his hand out to stop her, "What are you doing here?" He repeats.

"Is it a crime to come and see my children?" She asks innocently.

"It is when we haven't seen you in years." Derek looks at his moms angrily.

"Der-" Their mom tries.

He glares, "It's Derek to you."

"Alright." Venus nods, "Derek, can I come in?"

"No." He shakes his head, "Absolutely no-"

"Let her." Blake mumbles.

"What?" Derek looks at his sister with wide eyes. "Blake, she left us! I'm not just gonna let her into our house."

"I know." She nods, numbly. "She can talk to dad when he gets home."

Blake takes her brother's arm and guides him away from the door. Venus follows her two children into the house, "Thank you Blake." She smiles.

"I didn't do it to be nice." Blake points out, "Obviously you're here for a reason other than seeing your children, so we'll let you make whatever transaction you need to and then you can leave us alone."

"Oh baby, I'm not here to make a transaction." She shakes her head, "I miss you. Both of you."

"You miss us?" Blake scoffs, "You miss us?" She laughs humorlessly. "That's bullshit! If you missed us you wouldn't have stopped talking to us! You wouldn't have left us in the first place." Blake snaps.

The woman tries to step closer to Blake, "Honey-"

"Don't." Blake puts her hand up. "You never acted like a mom before, don't start now."

Suddenly the door to the house swings open, "Kids, I'm home!" Aaron yells, walking into his living room. The poor man stops dead in his tracks, "Venus?"

"Hi Aaron." She smiles softly, "You look good." She nods.

"Thanks." He says skeptically, "What are you doing in my house?"

"I was in town." She admits, "I wanted to see how you all were doing."

"Just out of the blue?" Aaron shrugs, "No call? Nothing?"

"I figured you wouldn't have a problem with it, seeing as you begged me to come back and see them for months." She shrugs.

"That was years ago Venus." He shakes his head, "We've moved on."

"Well they're my kids too Aaron. I'm entitled to see them."  She counters.

"No offense, but don't you think you lost that right the second you walked out on us?" Derek crossed his arms.

Venus sighs, "I know what I did was wrong." She admits. "I can see that now. But you have to believe me, I've changed. I truly have. I know now that I'm meant to be here, taking care of my two beautiful children."

"You're not though." Blake shakes her head, "Real mothers wouldn't abandon their children. They wouldn't abandon their husbands. Even if you weren't happy, you still could've called but you didn't." Blake glares at her mother angrily.