Dream On 1x19

Blake sits in the front row, in between Tina and Artie. Her attention is currently on the grumpy looking blonde man at the front of the classroom. It's quite obvious that him and Mr. Schuester have some ongoing problem.

"Okay, guys, listen up. This is Mr. Ryan. He's a member of the school board, and he would like to say a few words. I-I just want you guys to listen critically and know that what he's saying is just one of many opinions."

Mr. Ryan rolls his eyes at his counterpart, "Take out a piece of paper. And on that paper, I want you to write down your biggest dream. A dream that means so much, you're afraid to admit it even to yourself."

Blake stares down at the blank piece of paper in her hand and takes out a pen from her backpack. She quickly scribbles 'famous actress' down and folds it neatly. Once everyone was done writing she saw Mr. Ryan making his way over to Artie. The man grabs Artie's paper and crumples it.

"Your dream is never going to happen." The man states bluntly, "Ninety one percent of you will spend your entire lives living in Allen County, Ohio. So unless you wrote down that your dream was to 'work for a mid-market health insurance provider' or 'find an entry level job in an elderly care facility,' you're going to be very disappointed."

"This is really depressing." Mercedes says, looking down.

"Who pissed in your cornflakes?" Blake snaps.

"I'm going to guess that a lot of your dreams involve showbiz. Well, let me tell you. Showbiz dreams are the most unrealistic of them all." He looks around the classroom, finding joy in destroying their dreams.

"Why? Because you couldn't do it?" Blake quips back.

The blonde man sends a nasty glare in Blake's direction. Tina lifts her head up and smiles, "But... that's what I want to do with my life."

"Oh, look, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, I'm just trying to spare you disappointment." He says, with faux sympathy.

Mr. Schuester steps in, trying to protect his students. "I think we get your point."

"Aw, well, Schuester here's a prime example." Mr. Ryan says, referring to their teacher. "He used to have that glimmer of hope in his eyes that I can see right now in all of yours. But he couldn't make it happen for himself, so he now has to try and convince you all that it will happen for you. Guess what? His dream didn't work out. And neither. Will. Yours."

Tina starts sobbing at the man's harsh word, causing Blake to quickly reach over and comfort the girl. "Don't listen to him." She mumbles, "He's an ass."

"Okay, you're done here." Mr. Schuester says angrily.

"You would be wise to show me some respect." Mr. Bryan says with a false sense of entitlement.

Mr. Schue clenches his jaw, "You've said your piece. Now get out."

Mr. Ryan sends the club's teacher a menacing smirk, "Well, Schuester, I should thank you. You've made my decision about which program to cut a lot easier."

            ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

     Blake stands in the hidden dance studio she found in one of the school's hallways. The girl practices her grand jeté and quickly goes into a triple pirouette. She suddenly stops from the sound of clapping at the door behind her. She looks up in the mirror and sees Jesse St. James standing in the doorway.

"Beautiful, as always." He smiles. "Hi."

"Hi." Blake looks at him shyly. "How was the rest of your spring break?"