Vitamin D 1x06

During glee rehearsals Blake can't help but doze off at the simple choreography their teacher is presenting. With sectionals coming up she already knows it's going to be easy, so what's the point in still rehearsing?

"Five, six, seven, eight. Step, turn, out, in, ball-change, step ball-change step. You, you, you, you. And ba-ba-ba. turn..." Mr. Schue demonstrates with enthusiasm.

The rest of the group didn't reciprocate the enthusiasm, most of them faltering and putting in no energy causing Mr. Schuester to get frustrated.

"Come on, guys, you're sleepwalking on me here. Give me some energy. We've got sectionals in two-."

Mercedes cuts him off, "Please, sectionals is going to be a breeze."

"Maybe so. But if we coast through sectionals, we're gonna get killed at regionals. We have got to be on our game." Mr. Schue says.

"Let's be real, we have no reason to be worried. We know the choreography and its sectionals. What real competition is gonna be there?" Blake asks.

The bell rings and the rest of the club walks out. Mercedes and Kurt join the taller brunette as she walks down the hallway to her locker.

"Mr. Schue is really getting all worked up for no reason. Sectionals is going to be the easiest thing ever for us." Mercedes brags.

"True. I don't think there's any point in over practicing if we're going to win anyway." Says Kurt.

"Honestly, it's just getting boring. I feel bad for getting a little complacent, but c'mon how many times do we have to go over the same damn choreography?" Blake complains.

Blake looks to her left and sees Finn walking down the hallway in her general direction. Mercedes and Kurt, noticing this, say goodbye to the girl and walk away. Finn approaches the brunette with a big smile on his face.

"Hey." He says

"Hi." Blake smiles at him.

"So I could really use your help. It's about the baby stuff with Quinn."

Blake's smile falters at the mention of the baby, but she brushes off the pain and nods at the boy, "Sure what can I help you with?"

"So I'm trying to decide what color I should get in a onesie. I know it's early, and I don't even know the gender, but I want to surprise Quinn. So she knows she's not alone in this ya know? That's why I need your help because I don't really know what a good non-gender baby color thing is."

Smiling at how the boy cares, Blake nods her head, "Yellow and green are both beautiful colors and they aren't gender specific."

"Alright. Cool. Thank you Blake, you're the best." He says giving her a light kiss on the forehead and walking away.

Blake watches his retreating figure not fully understanding why he did what he did. She's trying to make sense of the signals he's sending her but it's giving her emotional whiplash. Stupid boys.

             ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

     The next day at glee rehearsals Mr. Schuester pins up a bunch of photos. And excitedly looks at his students.

"Competition." He says. "Every one of these people or elements was a champion in their own right. But they used competing with each other to make themselves even better."

Kurt looking confused at the board, "I don't understand how lightning is in competition with an above-ground swimming pool."

Blake looks at him, also confused. "I think it's cause lighting is attracted to water, so it's like water versus lighting or something. To see when the lighting will strike the water."