Asian F 3x03

A loud buzz echoes through the hallway as Derek, Finn and Blake are ushered into the Allen-Oakwood Correctional institution where Venus Henley is being held. They walk through the metal detectors and one of the guards guides them towards the visiting room.

"Thank God you came to see her." He tells them, "She hasn't shut up about you guys since she's been here."

Blake and Derek share a worried look as they approach a locked door, "Alright, you guys have fifteen minutes." The guard tells them, "Come back to the door if you need anything."

The three teens silently walk into the room and see a very disgruntled Venus Henley sitting in a chair. The older woman looks up and an odd grin spreads across her face, "My babies!" She smiles.

Finn grabs Blake's hand as she and Derek take a small step back. There is something seriously disturbing about seeing their mother like this. Venus laughs, "Well don't be shy, come sit." She says, nodding towards the two chairs in front of her.

Blake and Derek reluctantly go towards the chairs as Finn remains in the back. He figures if he has a full view of what's going on, he can protect the two siblings better.

Venus looks back at Finn, "Is it official?" She asks, her eyes flickering between him and Blake.

Finn simply nods in response and Venus claps, "Oh good!" She cheers, "I wondered when it was going to happen."

"Why did you ask us to come here?" Derek cuts in, getting tired of her.

Venus looks at her son shocked, "Because I wanted to see you both."

"You already used that excuse last time." Blake snaps, "Try again."

Venus's facade falls, "Fine." She grumbles, "I need you two to do me a favor."

Blake laughs, "You can't be serious!"

"You come back into our lives, pretending you're some reformed woman and then you rob us." Derek scoffs, "And you expect us to do you a favor?"

Venus rolls her eyes, "Look, there's something I left in the spare bedroom at your house. I need you to bring it to the prison."

"Why?" Blake queries.

"Because I need it." Venus responds.

Blake stands up, "Well, if you're not interested in keeping us in the loop, then I guess we're done here."

Derek gets up to follow his sister and Finn grabs Blake's hand, "Wait!" Venus shouts. Blake and Derek smirk at each other and go to sit back down, "Ungrateful brats." Venus mumbles.

"You really are a great actress." Blake shakes her head, "You had us fooled."

"Where do you think you got it from?" Venus raises an eyebrow. "Anyway, what I need is the ruby red broach I left in a small box under the loose floorboard in my room."

"Why the hell would you need a broach?" Derek asks.

"It's worth a lot of money." She reveals, "And I need it to give to the judge to show that I can somehow repay your father."

"So why can't we just get it and give it to dad?" Blake skeptically looks at the woman.

"Because I have to present it to the court. My lawyer says it's the only way I can get a somewhat reduced sentence." Venus answers, "So will you bring it?"

"What's in it for us?" Derek crosses his arms.

"You get more money from me." Venus shrugs, "And after this, you'll never have to see me again."