Nationals 3x21

Blake bites her nails anxiously as she and Quinn sit at the edge of the hotel bed, watching as Coach Sylvester takes Mercedes' temperature. Quinn leans her head on Blake's shoulder and sighs.

"This is not how I expected this trip to go."

"You and me both." Blake mumbles back.

Suddenly the door to the room flings open to reveal a very distressed looking Mr. Schue. "What's going on? How bad is it?"

Sue turns back to her co-worker, "Her temperature's one hundred and one degrees. Given the fact that Weezy's complaining about an upset stomach, it's either Amazonian dengue fever or the H1N1 super virus." She explains overdramatically.

"Or I have food poisoning." Mercedes chimes in hoarsely.

Santana nods, "We all wanted burritos for lunch, so we went to Chipotle, but Mercedes tried some dive called Señora Salsation."

"Will, a word, please." Sue commands, pulling him to the side.

Blake turns her attention from the two teachers and back to Mercedes, "Do you need anything? Is there something we can do to help make you more comfortable?"

"You can stop being anxious." Mercedes chuckles. "You don't need to worry Blake, I'll be fine."

"Santana and I can go downstairs to grab some more ice." Blake tells her.

Mercedes huffs, "If you really wanna do something, can you hand me that pillow?" She says, pointing to the other bed.

The brunette quickly gets up and grabs said pillow. She hands it to Mercedes who props it up behind her back. "Thank you."

Blake nods, "Of course."

"So here's what's gonna happen: Mercedes, you're on bed rest, Quinn, you're stepping in." Mr. Schue demands as he turns back to his students.

Quinn's eyes widen, "No, no, no, I can't dance that number. I can't sing it, either, not like-"

Blake grabs Quinn's hand, "The Trouble Tones need you." She confirms. "And you're way better than you think you are." She smiles with a small wink.

"Tina, you, too. You're in the Trouble Tones." Mr. Schue adds.

"Mr. Shue, this is my last competition. I don't want to miss it." Mercedes says as she struggles to sit up.

"Amen, to that, sister. That's why I'm putting you on a vitamin B-12 drip. We're flushing your system with Pedialyte, and I'm gonna fill that bathtub with ice and see if we can't get your ambient body temperature back down to normal." Sue explains. "Worked in Jacob's Ladder."

"All right, we all have our marching orders. Let's do it."

          ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

     Hot mess

Those are the only two words that come to Blake's mind as she sits in the rehearsal room with the rest of the New Directions. She rolls her eyes as Sam tries to go after Puck once more, Finn holding him back. She has never been more irritated in her life, and clearly Santana feels the same.

"Hey, calm down!" Mr. Schue yells as he walks in. "Hey, hey, calm down! Calm down!"

"He's studying for geography while we're trying
to rehearse! It's bogus!" Sam exclaims.

"'Cause I already know the dance!" Puck counters. "You dance like you got your feet caught in bear traps and you're trying to gnaw them off."

"Mr. Shue, are you aware that while we're arguing about jazz squares, Unique is being handed the key to the city by Rahm Emanuel?" Kurt tells their teacher, annoyed.