[21]•Rival

Feel free to correct any mistakes you find
____________________________________

3rd POV:

Lily rolled on her bed from time to time. She tried her best to sleep, but she couldn't.

Her head was filled with the thoughts of his love. She was bewildered by her own feelings.

She couldn't name her feelings. She was afraid of losing him. She couldn't see anyone close to him rather than herself. She couldn't let him go away from her, but why?

He was her best friend not her boyfriend. Why should she felt like this for him?

She was trying to sleep from past two hours. But she couldn't. She closed her eyes tightly and tried to focus on sleep, but none of them worked.

"Ahhh....why the hell I couldn't sleep now?" She said while instantly got up on her bed and ruffled her hair aggressively.

"Why am I feeling like this for him? Why I can't let him love someone else? Why my heart is aching now?" She blurted all her thoughts in one go.

She couldn't figure out what feelings she had for him. She had no one to share about it. She got down from her bed and went to the kitchen to pour some water in her jug.

She lost in her thoughts that she didn't notice someone standing behind her. She poured some water in her jug.

"Uhmm... Lily, the water is overflowing from the jug."Mrs. Kim said while standing beside her.

Lily flinched by her mother's sudden appear beside her and jerked on her place.

"O-oh.. uhm... I-I'm sorry mom." She stuttered.

"What happened dear? Who haunted your thoughts?" Mrs. Kim asked her in a teasing manner.

"Mom...No one haunted my thought."

"Really?" Her mother chuckled at her stuttering and nervous state and continued. "You know Lily, when I was in love with your father, I did the same you did now."

"Really? Mom tell me more. You never shared about it before." Lily looked at her with sparkling eyes of curiosity.

"At first I don't know what happening to me, but later I figured out that I'm in love"

"Mom, how do you find out that you're in love?" Lily frowned in confusion. Mrs. Kim understood her daughter's situation and giggled.
______________

After the conversation with her mother Lily went to her bedroom. There she sat on her bed and drowned in deep thoughts while fiddling with her fingers.

"First symptom - We can't sleep when we're in love 'cause the person who stole our heart started invading our dreams"

Lily recalled her mother's words. "No I don't experienced such thing before. Jimin never came in my dreams."

"Second symptom - from the time we wake up to bed our mind only thought about him."

"This point makes a little sense. I think about him a lot I know." Lily guessed.

"Third symptom - We can't bear seeing him disrespected or insulted by others."

Lily recalled the incident when Mark try to attack Jimin in school. She stayed quiet by that realization.

"Fouth symptom - we feel cozy and comfortable only around him."

"Fifth symptom - we forget the whole world while looking into his eyes which became our home. His smile gave a solace to our restless heart."

The time she stood still under the moonlight and drowned in his deep ocean eyes, came flash into her vision. The comfortable feel that she never felt around any boys, felt only around him. Every night while talking with him, she forgets herself and stared him with admiration whenever he showed his eye smile. And realized his smile did something in her heart.

"Sixth symptom - when we feel him in danger, we never think at least once before sacrifice ourselves to save him."

The day when she ran to save him when she felt him in danger. And the anger arose in her when Mark made Jimin vulnerable with his dirty blackmails, everything she recalled and realization hit her strongly.

"And dear there are more we can say about love. But with this six symptoms I comprehend my feelings for your father and marriage him."

Lily, now connected every dots and comprehend her feelings, that she was deeply in love with Jimin.

Her cheeks turned pink and she rolled on her bed while smiling. This new feelings gave her a feel of floating in the air without wings. By thinking about him she drifted into a sound sleep.
_________________

It was a weekend, so as usual Lily waited for Jimin in her favorite place.

The whole week went by secret admiration and stealing glances on him. Fortunately, in the dance selection Jimin and Lily got the first place.

So they both together going to perform the special dance. She enjoyed and cherished every moment with Jimin. She felt happy and comfortable whenever Jimin touch her. She shivered and blushed whenever he came near her.

Jimin could sense the sudden admiration by Lily. She never behaved like this before. But he never mind it and focused on the dance.

"Hi, Lily"  

"Hey, Lily."

A female and a male voice called her out at the same time. One voice among those two was familiar, but not the another. She turned to see Jimin approaching her.

And noticed another girl who seemed familiar to her also approching her. Lily reluctantly waved her hand as her response and smiled back at her.

Jimin noticed the newcomer and looked at Lily in a questionable way. She understood his look.

"Jimin, she's Aera my childhood friend. And Aera, he-" Lily's words were cut off in the mid way by the newcomer.

"He is Park Jimin. I know him." Lily looked at her confused.

"He studied in my school previously."

"Oh.."

"Lily, how are you doing? It's been a long while..." Aera said cheerfully and hugged her. Lily also hugged her back and smiled happily.

By thinking that her childhood friend still remembers her, she grinned widely. But something bothered her, that she don't know what was that.

The way she looked at Jimin made her feel uncomfortable. Suddenly Lily remembered something.

Jimin met his love in this park almost 8 years ago. What if Aera was that girl......
____________________________________

Please leave some comments and please vote me💜