24 | blackmail, baby, blackmail.

sicheng stood by the pool, scrolling down his phone as a waitress brought him a cold bottle of water. she poured the water into a glass, as sicheng turned around, nodding towards the waitress. she quickly left, as sicheng went back to his phone, thinking if he should invite yeri to spend time with him.

his thoughts about yeri were interrupted when his father came into his backyard, not really happy with what his son was doing on what was supposed to be a work day. mr. dong walked closer to his son, who seemed to ignore his presence.

" sicheng, i'm finally glad to speak with you between four eyes. " mr. dong said, as he took a seat next to the sunbed sicheng was laying on. " i've done my research on your .. girlfriend. " he cleared his throat, as sicheng turned to his father. " i would appreciate if you would take your sunglasses off. "

" whatever you say, i'm happy to be in a relationship with her. i think about my future when i'm with her, something i've never felt before. " sicheng replied, before his eyes went back to his phone. mr. dong let out a sigh.

" i don't like the person she is seen as in the media. " mr. dong raised his voice at his son, who scoffed. " she is not worthy to sit next to you, and call herself your girlfriend, or even worse, wife ! " he yelled, as sicheng threw his phone on the ground.

" what are you even talking about ?! " sicheng yelled at his father, " you haven't even met her ! she's her own person and doesn't need to be known as my wife ! " sicheng got up, trying to see if his phone was still working. " i don't understand why you hate seeing me happy ! "

" she won't make you happy ! " mr. dong yelled back, " she is a snake ! i've dug up her old information. she isn't who everyone believes she is. i never thought you would be fooled by a woman so easily. " mr. dong shaked his head, as sicheng looked away from his father.

" i won't listen to you. i will marry yeri one day, and we will have children together. she is the person i've been searching for my whole life. i don't want to believe what you're saying. you have never praised me enough, trusted me enough or even loved me enough ! " sicheng said, a sad tone taking over his voice, " but yeri loves me enough. "

" no, sicheng, she does not. " mr. dong said for one last time, " i'm sorry for not being there for you since you were little, but you just have to trust me on this one. " he got up, as sicheng continued ignoring his father. " i want the best for you, and i just wanted to convince you. "

mr. dong left, as sicheng looked at his father. he sighed, before he took his phone again. he called yeri, to tell her about the situation that was going on. she needed to know. sicheng waited for her to pick up with a call, before a faint " hello ? " was heard.

" yeri, i've actually wanted to talk to you. " sicheng let out a laugh, " something happend. my father came and tried convincing me that you don't love me, that you're a terrible and fake person. i just wanted you to know that. "

" what ? your father told you that ? " yeri seemed to be shocked, " i know that it's your father, but what's his problem with me ? didn't he request for me to be in his stupid ads ? sorry, sicheng. " she sighed, as sicheng nodded.

" i don't agree with him, either. as i said, i just wanted you to know. i don't think he should've said that, and i was really angry with him. " sicheng tried explaining, as whispering in the backround was heard. " do you want to meet up ? "

" i actually have somewhere to go. sorry ! i wish to be able to spend time with you. maybe i will be able to finish fast, so i will just call you to tell you if i can or can't. " yeri laughed, " i have to go. i love you, bye. " she said, as sicheng smiled.