46 | in love, or not in love ?

sweetie jumped on yeri's lap, as she sat down on sicheng's car. sicheng walked closer to her, as a smile appeard on his face. he attempted to kiss sweetie, before she ran away from sicheng. she gave sicheng a side-eye, as yeri let out a small laugh. yeri began drinking her coffee, as sicheng took a chair, now sitting next to her.

" yeri, i'm happy that you were able to understand me, because i truly didn't mean to think about that. " sicheng kissed the top of her head, as yeri nodded. she let out a small sigh, " i hope you can forgive me. because, afterall, it's your birthday today. " he smiled, as a few employees of sicheng's walked in, holding balloons, flowers and a cake.

" sicheng ? " yeri widened her eyes, before sweetie ran, to bark at the people. " you planned this ! you hid your employees so i wouldn't figure out ! " she yelled, as she playfully hit sicheng, who started laughing. " i really thought you forgot about me and my birthday, and i was ready to tell you how much i hated you for that. "

one of the employees handed yeri her bouquet, as she cut a slice of cake. yeri smiled, as sicheng took some whipped cream, putting it all over yeri's face. she yelled, almost dropping her flowers. sweetie flinched, as sicheng began laughing. yeri put her flowers down, as she tried wiping off the whipped cream from her face.

" sicheng, i can't tell how much i hate you for ruining my whole face of makeup ! " yeri yelled, as sicheng took some more whipped cream. " sicheng, if you dare to put that whipped cream on my face again, i swear to god, i will murder you ! " she continued yelling, as another employee brought some tissues for yeri, who sighed.

" yeri, what are you planning to do for your birthday ? " sicheng suddently asked, as yeri raised her eyebrow. " come on, i just want to know. because sadly, i'm busy tonight. i don't know if i will be able to spend my time with you. that's why i am doing this right now. " he kissed her ear, but yeri didn't seem happy with whatever sicheng had just mentioned.

" it's my birthday and you have to be busy ?! " yeri was really angry, " make time for me, i swear to god ! " she went to eat her slice of cake, " but i'm going to be okay. i think i will spend some time with sooyoung, then i'll call mom, who met up with someone from the town she knew. " yeri explained, as sicheng picked sweetie up.

" so, are you sure that you're not angry about it ? " sicheng asked, as sicheng shaked her head. " okay, then, i won't switch my scheduele. as i said, i did this so you won't be sad over it. " he kissed her cheek, as yeri let out a small scoff. " or .. ? okay, i'll see if i can switch around some things, just for you. " he whispered, as he took a bite from yeri's cake.

" what did you get me for my birthday ? especially since you love thinking about kissing other women while you are with me. " yeri softly slapped his cheek, as sicheng let out a laugh, feeling a little nervous around her. " that was a joke. but if i hear that you think like that ever again, i won't hesitate to hit you. " she glared at sicheng, who nodded as fast as he could.

he was going to propose to yeri tonight. he had everything planned for the moment. he told sooyoung, who was still a little angry with him, where to take yeri and what they should do until sicheng arrives, as a surprise for yeri. sicheng told yeri's mother about everything, and mrs. kim fell to her knees, tears of happiness rolling down her cheeks.

sicheng prepared everything to the slightest detail. the sound of soft guitars were going to play in the backround, and seulgi volunteerd to sing a love song for yeri and sicheng, as sicheng was going to go on one knee and ask her to marry him. the last problem was how was he going to show up. yeri had to know absolutely nothing about this, and sicheng was terrified that he was about to mess up something.

" how are you going to dress for your birthday party ? " sicheng asked, as yeri raised her eyebrow. " or, are you only going with sooyoung ? what about seulgi ? " he asked, as yeri shaked her head, confused at sicheng's question. " ah, i thought you talked to seulgi about joining your .. gathering ? " he let out a laugh, but yeri didn't seem too amused by what he said.

" you're very weird lately, i mean, every since .. that situation. " yeri glared at him, as sicheng tried to laugh it off. then, realisation hit him harder than anything. what if yeri said no to his proposal ? he widened his eyes, before pulling yeri into a tight, scaring yeri. " what are you doing ?! you're going to kill me ! "

" you will probably do that to me one day. " sicheng said, as yeri nodded. sicheng let go of their hug, as yeri kissed his cheeks. " i just wanted to remind you .. that i love you so much, i can't even explain it. you are special to me, and i want to .. just tell you that every single time i get to. " he smiled at yeri, who widened her eyes.

" aw, i love you too ! "

" you have to wear this for the birthday dinner i am taking you to. " sooyoung let out a laugh, holding a pink sparkly dress for yeri. yeri turned around, immediately nodding. she took the dress from sooyoung, who let out a sigh. " i can't believe that he isn't taking you out anywhere for dinner, it's your birthday ! "

" i know, i know, but he already got me a cake and flowers today, when me and sweetie visited him. " yeri said, as sweetie sniffed yeri's dress. she slowly nodded, as yeri took out a similar dress for her, allowing sweetie to sniff it. " do you want to wear this for mommy's birthday dinner ? " she asked, as sweetie suddently became excited.

sooyoung smiled. yeri had no idea what was about to happen to her.