41 | okay, time to admit.

yeri placed a kiss on sweetie's temple, before she placed her daughter in her bed. sweetie let out a small yawn, before she closed her eyes. yeri's mother walked in the room, seeing that yeri was getting ready to go somewhere. her mother walked behind her, fixing yeri's hair.

mrs. kim was born to a family that clearly didn't know the concept of love. all she heard were yells, complaints, curses, but she never experienced a moment of happiness in her whole life. forced to marry a classmate when she was 18, mrs. kim discovered her fertility problems early into her marriage.

she couldn't have children. for 3 years, she believed that she couldn't give birth, which was devastating in a town that believed a woman's sole purpose was having a lot of children. however, mrs. kim was able to give birth to yeri when she was 21, even if it meant a lot of pain to her.

yeri wasn't a son. every single family had to have a firstborn son, then two daughters, and, if they could, another son. mrs. kim couldn't give birth to another child, which meant that yeri was supposed to give her land away once she got married.

mrs. kim realised that yeri wasn't going to be an usual girl from their town. yeri was always trying to talk to her about modelling, about leaving to a city and building her own life there. mrs. kim wanted that for her daughter, but yeri's father, and her scorpion of a grandmother, yelled and hurt mrs. kim due to yeri's discovery of women in media.

when yeri asked her mother to allow her to get a job, for plastic surgery, mrs. kim agreed to it. as always, her grandmother disagreed, telling yeri that she shouldn't do anything to her body, but yeri didn't listen. she knew exactly what she wanted, and she was going to achieve it.

" yeri, i always wanted to ask you this question. " mrs. kim let out a small laugh, as yeri turned around, smiling towards her mother. they never found themselves talking about certain topics, but mrs. kim wanted to know something. " do you want to see yourself with sicheng in the future ? "

" yes. " yeri replied, not even hesitating. it was like the answer just came naturally, which made mrs. kim nod. " mother, if i'm going to be honest with you, i set my eyes on sicheng because of his wealth at first. " she sighed, as mrs. kim was suddently shocked by it. " but, i realised that he was the nicest man i had ever met. "

" that's wonderful, that you two are so in love. " mrs. kim kissed her daughter's cheek, before a small tear escaped her eye. " i wish i could've said the same, but sometimes i think that i went through all of that with your father to have you, to be able to sleep at night knowing that my daughter was well. "

" mother, i really love you. " yeri said, pulling her mother into a tight hug. " i am thankful for everything you've done for me, and i'm sorry for not talking to you for such a long time. " she whispered into her mother's ear, as mrs. kim laughed.

" i am also sorry for doubting sicheng's feelings for you. " mrs. kim replied to yeri, " i think you two make a great couple. and, if you ever get married, promise me that you won't invite your grandmother. " she started laughing, as yeri nodded.

" i will make sure that the hag is dead by then. me and sicheng won't plan a date for when she is alive. " yeri said, before she walked over to her shoe box, putting them on. " do i look good ? " she asked her mother, who went to hold yeri's skirt.

" why is this so short, yeri ?! " her mother raised her voice, " you are a lady, ladies like you don't wear skirts this short. where are you even going ? are you going to meet up with sicheng ? what if he doesn't like when he sees you dressed in .. cloth ?! " her mother continued asking.

" mom, i think i am the first girl in sicheng's life to wear skirts this long. he surely doesn't bother seeing me in these. plus, it's not even short ! it doesn't show anything, it's right below. " yeri pointed to it, before she went, to put on her headband. " can you stay with sweetie ? "