19 | the night of the gala.

sicheng stared at himself. he turned around, as kun walked up to him, holding a tie in his hands. sicheng was getting ready for the gala, and kun had offered to help him dress up. sicheng looked away from the mirror, as kun ran after him, trying to put on the tie.

" sicheng ! " kun hissed, as sicheng turned around, to face his friend. " i need to put on this tie for you. stop moving and allow me to help you. " he sighed, as sicheng shaked his head. " what ? what do you mean ? " he asked, as sicheng pointed to his tie.

" i don't want to wear a tie. it's not going to match with what me and yeri have going on. " sicheng said, before taking his phone. he walked out of the closet, as kun chased after him, tired of hearing his friend. " where are my shoes ? what should i put on ? " he asked, looking at his suit.

" sicheng ! " kun yelled, " your shoes are in your closet. i cleaned them just for you to wear them today. " he said, pointing to the closet door. " go back there and put on the shoes, then come back. "

" you couldn't even tell me that before we walked out of the closet ? " sicheng scoffed, before he walked back upstairs. kun looked at the clock, before he shaked his head. " kun, where even are they, i can't find them ! "

" they're on the island, idiot ! " kun yelled back at sicheng, " come on faster, you're going to be late and yeri is going to get angry with you again. " he let out a laugh, as sicheng came downstairs again, now fully prepared to go to the gala.

" am i supposed to pick yeri up from her house ? " sicheng asked, before he scrolled through his and yeri's messages, trying to find the answer. " or, is she going to come to my house ? "

" are you stupid ? " kun asked him, as sicheng looked up from his phone. " of course you have to pick her up ! call your driver, take your nicest car and go to your girlfriend's house. you won't just wait for her here. " he looked at his clock again, " the gala is in 40 minutes. "

" okay, okay, i will hurry. " sicheng replied, as he dialed his driver's number. after letting his driver know that he was ready to leave, sicheng looked back at kun, smiling. " it will be my first public appearance with yeri. "

" your fight in the middle of the street doesn't count ? " kun asked, as he began laughing. sicheng glared, as kun shaked his head. he covered his face, trying to hide his expressions. " i'm sorry, i shouldn't have said that. "

" it's fine. " sicheng replied, before he walked out of the house. " can you stay in here ? the maids are on break, and they need to come soon. greet them. " sicheng smiled, as kun waved towards him.

" have fun, sicheng. " kun said, as sicheng got in his car. kun watched the car, before it drove off. " oh, the things i do for you. "

kun sighed for one last time, before he closed the door to the house. he walked to the kitchen, opening the fridge. he searched for anything he could eat, before he saw that he received a message.

" jaehyun ? " kun was surprised that jaehyun sent him a message. it had been some time since he talked to his once classmate, but he was curious to know what jaehyun had to say.

" kun, do you know where seulgi's room is in the hospital ? i know sooyoung and her are there, and i want to go and see them. " his message wrote, as kun quickly began typing his reply. " i don't know. sicheng should know, but he left for the gala. "

" why does he want to see sooyoung and seulgi ? hasn't he done enough to the girl ? " kun put his phone down, walking back to the food he wanted to eat. another message popped up on his screen, as kun tried ignoring it. after a few minutes came another message, which made kun walk back to his phone.

" oh, thank you for letting me know. i'll figure out where seulgi is. i tried asking yuta, but he isn't replying to any phone calls. " jaehyun wrote in his reply, as kun moved on to the next message.

" i picked up yeri. she seems to be in a good mood, so hopefully we won't fight. i'll text you later. " sicheng wrote in his message, as kun smiled at it. " that's great, sicheng. have fun and take care. " he wrote back, before finally taking out a bowl of grapes, for him to eat.

he walked into the living room, looking around. he took the remote controller, turning on the tv. he started eating his grapes, as he watched a television show.

kun put the empty plate down, before he let out a yawn. he grabbed a blanket, laying down on the couch. he let out another yawn, before closing his eyes. finally, some peace.

yeri held onto sicheng's hand, as sicheng looked at her. they smiled at eachother, before the driver parked infront of the entrance to the event. sicheng got out first, before he opened the door to yeri. she got out, as she fixed her fur jacket.

" are you ready ? " sicheng asked, as yeri nodded. " should i stay behind you or next to you while taking red carpet photos ? " he asked again, as yeri dragged him to the red carpet.

" however you want, sicheng. " yeri said, as she walked up to the cameras. the paparazzi and cameramen began yelling random words that sicheng couldn't understand, but he managed to get to the middle. " smile. " she whispered to him, as sicheng nodded.

sicheng wrapped his arm around yeri's waist, as she fixed her hair. sicheng continued looking at the cameras, as yeri turned to him, hitting his shoulder. " kiss my cheek. the public will go insane. " she whispered in his ear, as sicheng nodded again.

he placed a kiss on yeri's cheek, as more and more photos were being taken of them. then, yeri shaked sicheng's arm again, as they walked away from the red carpet.

" that was tirng. " sicheng sighed, " i didn't think it would go like that, especially since it was my first red carpet. " he laughed, as yeri smiled.

" you'll get used to it. " yeri laughed, as they walked into another room. " this is actually where we will stay. i just need to check at what table we are. " she said, looking at her invitation.

" so that was the interesting stuff ? " sicheng asked, as yeri nodded. she pointed to the third table on the right, as the two walked to it. " where do you want to sit ? " he looked at her.

yeri showed him the chair, as sicheng nodded. he sat next to her, as yeri smiled at him. " so, what else have you done today ? "

" nothing much, but i'm glad to be here with you. "