20 | key to the treasure.

it was the middle of the night. 1 a.m. ? maybe even 2, but that was the moment kun opened his eyes. he rolled around the couch, before trying to find his phone. did sicheng come home ? was he with yeri ? kun scratched his eyes, before he looked at his phone. he let out a sigh, before he took off the blanket.

kun got up from the couch. he walked to the kitchen, to find himself a glass of water. he began looking for the cabinet where sicheng kept his glasses. he poured himself some water, before taking a sip of it. he cleared his throat, walking back to the staircase.

wasn't he supposed to greet the maids when they came ? kun thought about it, before he shaked his head. they probably left as soon as the clock hit midnight, and he was sleeping at that moment. sicheng really couldn't blame him for taking a small nap.

kun walked upstairs. he always liked whenever he slept over at his friend's house, because, growing up, kun never had what he dreamt of. he wasn't wealthy, but his family was actually close to poverty.

that is what lead kun to studying more than ever. he wanted to make his family happy, but, first of all, he wanted to be happy. kun made his way to a private school, through the scholarship he received because of his amazing results in middle school.

kun didn't interact much with his wealthy classmates, until he met dong sicheng. sicheng needed help with chemistry, a subject that kun adored, which lead kun to becoming sicheng's tutor. after sicheng succesfully passed his exam, he and his father thanked kun by buying their family an apartament in the center of the city, and employing kun's parents in one of mr. dong's factories.

kun went to college with sicheng, both of them choosing to major in business. sicheng had dreams of becoming a chairman, while kun wanted to be his friend's side. however, kun was always scared that sicheng would end up like his older brother, who's family disowned him after he murdered someone in a car accident, due to his drug use.

sicheng never really touched drugs, but he liked to party. kun never really enjoyed that side of sicheng, which lead him to begin a mission to stop this lifestyle that sicheng had since his college days. and that plan consisted of finding sicheng a girlfriend.

yes, sicheng had a lot of girlfriends while he was going to parties, but kun was determined to find sicheng's soulmate, that would officially make sicheng a great chairman. afterall, she would have to lead sicheng's life.

when sicheng laid his eyes on yeri, kun wasn't so sure about it. kim yeri was the greatest model of their generation, and a lot of girls were jealous of her. who wouldn't be ? maybe the decision that sicheng took wasn't that bad, since it seemed like yeri was respected in society. but most importantly, she wasn't in the party scene.

kim yeri was reserved, she liked to be quiet about her life, but she liked to post on instagram once in a while. from what kun saw, yeri liked the calm lifestyle, she went to spas and resorts with her friend, she did charity work, especially at women's shelters, and she just seemed like an angel.

kun ended his thoughts when he realised that sicheng wasn't even home. he looked out the window from the guest bedroom, trying to see if the car he took was in the garage. it wasn't. kun raised his eyebrow, before walking back to his phone.

he dialed sicheng's number, but it seemed like his friend wasn't answering. it was 1 a.m. kun let out a sigh, before he laid on the bed. he turned off the lamp, before he rolled around the bed. he yawned again, as a text message appeard on his screen.

" hello, kun. you must be wondering who's number it is. it's sooyoung, yeri's friend. a few hours ago, jaehyun came to seulgi's hospital room. by any chance, did you give him the information of the room ? " sooyoung wrote in his message, as kun read it, before letting out a sigh.