05 | trapped in a golden cage.

" what are you doing today ? " sooyoung asked, as yeri was sorting through her clothes. she folded her pants, before looking back at sooyoung. " do you want to go to the mall with me ? "

" yes ! " yeri smiled, as she got up. " what do you want to buy ? " she asked, as sooyoung seemed to not hear her. sooyoung walked to her closet, as yeri quickly followed her. " sooyoung ! what are you going to buy ? "

" oh. " sooyoung let out a laugh, " i'm sorry, i didn't hear you. if i'm honest, i don't really know what to buy, i just want to go somewhere. "

" that's a great idea. " yeri pulled her friend into a hug, as sooyoung walked to her dresses. she took out a dress she wanted to wore today, as yeri walked towards her.

" is that the dress you want to wear ? " yeri asked, as sooyoung nodded. " wait, don't we have matching dresses ? i clearly remember buying one exactly like yours. " yeri walked to her closet. sooyoung waited for her, until she returned, holding the same dress as sooyoung's.

" that is amazing ! " sooyoung clapped, " let's wear them. " she said, as yeri nodded. they began putting on the dresses, before sooyoung zipped it up. " do you need help ? "

" with what ? the zipper. " yeri asked, as sooyoung nodded. yeri shaked her head, as she zipped her dress up. the two girls walked over to sooyoung's shoes, as yeri pointed to a pair of nude heels. " i have the same pair. let's wear those and match. "

" okay ! " sooyoung smiled, as she put on her heels. yeri brought the pair in sooyoung's closet, as she put them on. sooyoung looked at her friend, as yeri looked in the mirror.

" what jacket should i wear ? " yeri asked, as sooyoung looked at her outfit. " should i just do a puffer ? or should i put on a fur jacket ? "

" i think a puffer will do just fine. " sooyoung replied, as yeri nodded, with a smile on her face. " did you plan anything with sicheng today ? " she asked, as yeri shaked her head.

" no. he didn't call me after i left to take you away from jaehyun. " yeri sighed, " he was the one who told me that jaehyun came back. i couldn't leave you to fall for him again, sooyoung. i met you after you broke up, but you were hurt by him, just in a way you can't understand if you didn't see how you looked like. how broken you were. " she put her hands on sooyoung's shoulder.

" thank you, yeri. " sooyoung said, as she pulled yeri into a hug. yeri pat her back, as she heard sooyoung's quiet sobs. " i'm glad i found a friend like you. " she said, as she let go of their hug.

" come on, sooyoung. " yeri said, " we need to get to the mall ! " she held sooyoung's hand, as they walked out of their shared apartament. they made it to yeri's car, as sooyoung looked at her.

" where is your driver ? " sooyoung asked, as yeri looked at her. " he's not coming today. " yeri replied, as sooyoung nodded. sooyoung went to the driver's seat, as they drove off.

" should we get some coffee ? " yeri asked, as sooyoung nodded. yeri opened her phone, as she looked at the messages sicheng sent her. sooyoung looked at her, " did sicheng text you ? "

" no, and i am angry. " yeri scoffed, " he doesn't even go to work, he just lies to me. and i don't like that. " she rolled her eyes, as sooyoung let out a small laugh.

" i think you should also ignore him. " sooyoung cleared her throat, " afterall, you said that he needs to win you. " yeri nodded at her words, " however, we need to do something to make him talk to you more. what should we do ? "

" i don't know. " yeri sighed, " i have no idea how to deal with men, especially ones that are so obsessed with themselves that they only talk about what they did and what they want .. " she looked at sooyoung, " was jaehyun like that ? "