27 | xoxo.

yeri opened the door to her closet. she thought about the things that went down, reminding herself that sicheng knew about her and her plan. but it seemed like sicheng had one too. yeri waited for sooyoung to join her, excited to talk and make plans for the rest of the day. she took a seat on her bean bag, thinking about sicheng. was he going to call her ? did he care to see what she was doing ? it wasn't likely, but yeri wanted to.

after a few minutes, sooyoung came in the closet. she handed a small bowl to yeri, which had a few strawberries in it. the two friends began eating their fruit, before yeri cleared her throat. she got up, putting the empty bowls on the island. she turned back to sooyoung, who had a smile on her face.

" what are we going to do about the situation we were put in ? " sooyoung asked, " if i'm being honest, i don't agree with the terms that you and sicheng had for your relationship to go well. it seems .. fishy. " she said, as yeri nodded.

" from what sicheng told me, he dated me at first because i could've been a great wife. i want his money, so .. if i marry him, i will have access to his money. but the problem is that we've both developed actual feelings for eachother, which can't be denied. " yeri sighed, as sooyoung thought about something.

" then you two will just date. as long as you like eachother, he will ask to marry you faster. and you will have a child with him, enjoy the rest of your life, as you planned it. " sooyoung continued smiling, as yeri suddently shaked her head.

" you're not in the picture, and i need you to be in it. " yeri said, " sooyoung, you are one of the most important people in my life. without you, i wouldn't have done anything great. " she put her hand over sooyoung's shoulder, who felt a tear escaping her eye.

" thank you. " sooyoung said, before bursting into tears. she pulled yeri into a hug, as the tears took over yeri aswell. the two girls continued crying together, before yeri's phone began ringing.

yeri struggled to read the message that sicheng sent her, but what she was able to see made her widen her eyes. she continued to cry even louder, as sooyoung wiped her tears off, for them to see the message together.

" yeri, i'm devastated to do this through messages, but i realised that we shouldn't be doing this. you're not the right person for me, and i'm not the right person for you. we made eachother happy for some time, but it's time to end it. block my number if you want to, i will understand your anger. again, i'm sorry. "

" i'm going to be single for the rest of my fucking life, rotting in jail because i am on the verge of slitting this man's throat. " she said between her sobs, as sooyoung nodded. the two girls laughed, wiping their tears.

" we'll be in the same cell, yeri. " sooyoung pulled yeri in another hug, before she widened her eyes. " we both have a hair appointement today, don't we ? " she asked, as yeri looked for the hairdresser's messages.

" yes, let's hurry. " yeri said, as they ran to get ready. yeri put on her dress, fixing the straps of her heels. she walked out of her closet, waiting for sooyoung to get out of hers.

" who needs a man, anyway ? " sooyoung asked, getting out of her room, before her and yeri looked at eachother. " surely not us, am i right ? " she laughed, as yeri nodded.

" we are about to miss our hair appointement. " yeri said, as they rushed to the elevator. after they left the building, yeri drove off, as sooyoung took out a bag of chocolates from her purse.

" we all need chocolate after a break up. " sooyoung said, as she took a handfull. yeri took some, as she parked infront of the hair salon. they walked in, as the hairdresser smiled towards them.

" i thought you wouldn't come, but i happen to be wrong. " the woman said, as yeri began laughing. sooyoung offered her a few chocolates, as the woman rejected. " i need to finish yeri's hair, but don't eat it all, i want some after. "

sooyoung nodded, as she put the bag away. she scrolled down her phone, before seeing an article that made her widen her eyes. she got up, as both yeri and the hairdresser raised their eyebrows. sooyoung ran to yeri, showing her friend the article she had just seen.

" the dong industries has a new chairman — or, about to have a new one. the current chairman, dong jiehong, has confirmed his retirement. his youngest son, dong sicheng, is very close to becoming the seventh chairman of the company. "

yeri widened her eyes, as the hairdresser was just as shocked as the two girls. " but his father is young, why would he do that ? " yeri asked, as sooyoung received a call from a journalist. she walked away, as yeri waited for her friend to return.

sooyoung came back, still on the call with the journalist. " do you want to make any comments for sicheng becoming the chairman ? " sooyoung asked, as yeri nodded.

" i hope his company fails and all of his happiness is taken away the moment he goes into bankrupcy. " yeri gritted her teeth, as sooyoung widened her eyes.

yeri had an idea why sicheng left her. and it surely had to do with the chairman title. his father offered him something, and it was put up against his relationship. sicheng chose the company over her. she sighed, as the hairdresser continued doing her hair.

sooyoung put her phone back in her purse, sitting down next to yeri. it seemed like yeri was hurt, and sooyoung didn't like seeing her friend in a situation like she was right now. sooyoung put her hand on yeri's shoulder.

" you should call him, and ask him about the idea you have. i can read you like an open book. " she whispered to yeri, who nodded. " because if i catch him alive, it's not going to end up well. "

kun knew it was a bad idea to sleep in, even if it was only 9 in the morning. he tried calling sicheng, who was now the chairman of the company. he rushed out of his apartament, determined to talk to sicheng about yeri's statement to the press.

his car was getting repaired, so kun had to run to the nearest available taxi, begging the driver to take him to the headquarters. in the end, the driver, who was on a break, allowed kun to get in. he drove to the headquarters of the company, as kun handed him the money.

the receptionists bowed towards kun, who ran to the elevators. he pressed the numbers to what he knew was where sicheng's office was, but when he got there, everything was empty.

" the chairman's floor. " kun murmured, before pushing an employee. he reached the top floor, where he saw that a few things have changed. he widened his eyes, seeing everyone move mr. dong's things from the office.

sicheng was sitting in the middle of the office, talking to his secretary. kun walked closer to his friend, before a guard stopped him. kun tried calling for sicheng, who finally turned around.

" ah, kun. " sicheng smiled, " i'm really happy to see you. " he said, fixing his tie. " if you're here to tell me about the things yeri has said about me, i've already seen them. she's so immature, isn't she ? " he looked over to his secretary, who laughed.

" why did you take over the company ? did your father make you choose between that and yeri ?! " kun asked, as the guards pushed him further. " you've just signed off your own death, idiot ! " he yelled, as sicheng continued laughing.

" can i have a moment alone with my dear friend ? " he asked, as the bodyguards and secretary. " kun, i didn't sign off my death. i know exactly i'm doing, i'm planning something for yeri, but she doesn't know yet. so go and tell her to prepare. " he smiled.

" what are you going to do ? " kun sighed, " because i can't support you through the shit that you cause every single time. " he scoffed, " i should've slept in even more. "

" i want to propose to yeri. " sicheng suddently said, as kun froze.