Season 2 Episode 39 - Terror at the Waterfront (Part 2)

[MARGOT'S POV]

One of our biggest battles had just begun. The Votaries may have been stronger, but we were smarter. Oliver was using the Light Whips while Alya was using her Wind Curls. In between dodging and throwing attacks, I noticed that Incerta's bluffs were actually true. The Votaries were easier to clear out because their attacking styles were lousy and uncoordinated. This felt more like a distraction than a battle. I was just about to launch more Magic Stars towards some Votaries until Incerta landed a powerful kick in my back. I was sent flying forwards and rolled over to soften my landing.
"There you are." I heaved.
"Forget about the boys, this is just between us." Incerta charged more energy balls in her hands.
"She's not alone." Alya landed next to me, with Martha jumping down just after. The two of them shuffled in front of me, locked hands and took aim towards Incerta.
"Arctic Wind Burst!" They yelled as a burst of cold, salty wind blew Incerta backwards. As the wind continued to blow, frost and ice was forming all over Incerta's body.
Alya turned her head back towards me, "Whatever you're thinking of doing, Margot, now's the time!"
I nodded at Alya and leapt over the pair. They stopped the wind just in time for me to land in front of them. I flipped in the air, pulled energy into my right hand, and slammed my fist on the ground when I landed. "Magic Pulse!" I roared. Incerta's guard was down for just about long enough for me to lung towards her and grab hold of her forehead. When our skins touched, a bright flash emerged. When the light was gone, I called the forever infamous words, "Element Summon!" The others were right, transforming was amazing. I felt like I could power whole cities with the energy in my body, but I couldn't focus on that now. The ground started to shake, like just before all our previous encounters with Anti-Elementals. I looked over at the pod and the meter was at full capacity. Now we were sure that Incerta was not bluffing. The pod started to levitate and spin rapidly, like a bird that was starting to hatch out of its egg. Ferocious winds were blowing us back from the pod, forcing us to hold on to something.
"Guys, I don't like this!" Dylan complained.
"Can't we contain this thing?" Ivan asked.
"We can try but there's no guarantee that it'll work." Eric stated.
We gathered around the pod in a relatively circular formation and channelled our elements once again.
"Passion of Fire!"
"Persistence of the Tides!"
"Breath of the Wind!"
"Strength of Stone!"
"Binds of the Forest!"
"Light of the Sun!"
"Shadow of the Moon!"
"Magical Energy of Life!"
"Elements of the Universe! Stop the clock! Freeze the pod! Prevent the destruction of this dock!"
Elemental Energy flowed out of our bodies and surrounded the spastic pod in the form of a bubble. The winds died down and the pod started to stabilise. We decided to land down on the ground to recover some stamina.
"Did that do it?" Martha sighed.
Suddenly, cracks started forming in the bubble.
"Guys, take cover!" Alec exclaimed.
We all sprinted away from the pod and hid behind the little bits of debris that were lying around. After a few moments of silence, there was a thunderous explosion behind us. I peeked over the piece of concrete that I'd used for cover and looked to see a bulky humanoid figure, down on one knee, in front of us. "Guys, who's that?" I quivered.
"I don't know. I can't really make out any defining features." Oliver squinted at the figure.
The figure proceeded to stand up straight and stretch, when it stretched, the coating of white light surrounding it disappeared to reveal a familiar face.
The tall person turned straight towards Alya and looked her in the eye. "Hello, sister."
Alya's expression drowned in terror. "Khan?"