Season 1 Episode 19 - Margot's Counsel

[IVAN'S POV]

After Alya's nuclear meltdown in Main Street, she felt the need to rest and get some space from the rest of us. It's been two days now, and she hasn't called, texted, or asked about the homework like she normally would have when she's absent. I waited throughout the whole school day to leave the building and go home. When I got home, I plopped down on my bed. My dog, Buster, stood at the open door. Observing me curiously. I squinted at him. 'What are you looking at?' I thought. He could sense that something was hanging on my mind. I then pulled out my phone and opened Alya's contact information. I stared longingly at her profile photo. 'I wonder if she's okay.' I thought.
"Ivan! Come take the bin out, please!" my mother called to me from the living room.
"Okay, Mom!" I hauled myself up from my bed and made my way downstairs. I took the trash bag out of the bin, closed it and walked out of the backdoor. When I approached the big black bin, placed in the front yard, I flung the lid open and threw the bag into it. I went back to my room and back to my bed. I booted up my G-Gear Watch and called Margot.
"Hey, Ivan." she said, "What's up?"
"Hey, um...Margot." I don't know why I was stumbling over my words. "I called because I need some advise. It's about Alya."
"Sure. Fire away."
"I'm really worried about what happened on Wednesday. Do you think I should checkup on her? I mean, I know she wants her space, but..."
"Go for it. If you care about her, and how she's feeling right now, go for it."
"Really?"
"Of course. She came to me, talking about how she thinks that she should close herself off from one rest of you, as to not hurt anyone anymore."
"You know what? I'ma go for it."
"Atta boy!"
"Oh, and Margot..."
"Yes?" she asked.
"Thank you." I smiled.
"No problem. If you ever need to talk again, call me up." I closed the call, put on my sneakers and stretched. I powered up and levitated on a dense ball of dust out of my window and towards Alya, whose essence I sensed and followed.

After a quick trip, I landed in her front yard. I powered down, took a deep breath, and walked towards her front door. I knocked and before long, Alya's little brother, Khan, answered the door.
Khan turned around and shouted into the house, "Alya, your boyfriend's here!" This made my checks burn, and I don't blush too easily for just about anything. Maybe something was different this time.
Alya came stumbling from the passageway visible from the doorway. "Khan! Stop it!" She stopped in her tracks when she saw me. "Hi."
"Hey." I replied. Even though she was in her pajamas, she was...cute.
"We need to talk." I was stumbling over my words again.