Season 2 Episode 35 - Public Relations

[IVAN'S POV]

Mrs Daccarey thought it would be a good idea to get the press near the site of the battle. She and Ms Jacobs wanted us to show the world that we had their back/s and we weren't going anywhere anytime soon. Ms Jacobs and Agnes did some research into the Restoration Ritual that previous Guardians would use to undo any damage done by the Anti-Elementals and Votaries. Just before the cameras went on, Agnes explained the ritual, specific timing and sequencing of through our G-Gear Watches.
"Good afternoon, South Africa. I am Jessica Roman and we at Protea News are broadcasting live from the Wynrand Mall, or what's left of it, where the Guardians had one of their notoriously destructive battles with the Anti-Elementals. One of the Guardians, Margot Cheauvar, gave us a brief look into what their plan of action is earlier today. Let's see what they do to fix this."
The other Guardians and I gathered around in the Centre Square of the mall and joined hands in a circle. Each of us channelled small sums of Elemental Energy that would be combined in the ritual. We went down the line calling on our Elements.
"Passion of Fire."
"Persistence of the Tides."
"Breath of the Wind."
"Strength of the Mountains."
"Binds of the Forest."
"Light of the Sun."
"Shadow of the Moon."
"Magical Energy of Life."
"Elements of the Universe, we call upon thee to restore what has been destroyed; Dress the wounds of the past; And let the strife of battle be cleansed."
From the little orb of energy in the centre of our circle, a huge wave of multicoloured energy exploded and engulfed the surrounding area, as a clap of thunder erupted from the wave. We all looked around in awe and amazement around us as the debris started to levitate and swirl. The swirling debris and energy formed a powerful vortex above us. The vortex started distributing the dust above all around us in the places where the rooms, ceilings and walls of the shopping mall used to be. The dust settled in certain places and formed the shapes, curves and edges of all the features in the mall. In one last wave of energy, the dust solidified and recreated the mall as it was before. The lights went on and the small orb of energy in front of us disappeared. This was the moment we knew that the Ritual was now complete, and we could let go of each other's hands as well.
"Guardians." Agnes came through on our G-Gear Watches once again. "Congratulations on completing the Restoration Ritual. There are reporters waiting for you all outside the Main Entrance. Please be sure to go greet them before heading back home."
"Wouldn't hurt to smile and wave, right?" Alec chuckled nervously, and rightfully so. We weren't sure how the public would receive this. The Guardians would only do things like this at night. But, now that we're exposed to the world, there's no telling what could possibly happen.
We walked pensively out of the entrance and were met by flashing cameras as well as a cacophony of reporters' voices overlapping one another. This was worse than the press conference at the Town Hall.
Martha decided to take one for the team and spoke on behalf of the rest of us. I wasn't sure how she had a sudden burst of energy while the rest of us were more than exhausted. "As you may have seen a few moments ago, we worked together to rebuild the mall. If there's one thing this day should stand for, it's a reminder that we have your backs. No matter what obstacles may come our way, natural or supernatural. We'll be ready for them. For all of them. Thank you."