Season 1 Episode 33 - Water Wings

[PUDOR'S POV]

I stumbled back into my base, wounded after the previous battle. I scrambled on over to the control module and hit a few buttons with intention. "Fine, if they think they can take out my brethren, they'll need to get through him first." I then pressed and held in another button. "Father... we're... in... trouble..." I fell down to the ground and fell unconscious upon impact with the ground.

[ALEC'S POV]

"What do you mean, you can't come with us?" Ivan enquired. "You're a part of this team, too."
"The truth is," Dylan began stating their case, "since I haven't evolved past my first form via Osmosis, yet. I'm not suited for this mission."
"Is this true, Agnes?" I asked.
"Affirmative," the computer chimed, "The approximate location of the Anti-Elementals' base was found underneath a nearby island. Multiple tourists have gone missing there, espcially those that occured outside of the Absorption Crisis. You will need to swim to be able to access it. Luckily, Guardians in their Augmen forms and furthermore therefrom, are able to make their bodies automatically adapt to any enviroment."
"So, we can grow tails, too?" Ivan asked.
"Precisely."
"That doesn't make any sense." Martha said, "They're not like me, though."
"I'm afraid I don't have the answer. Many things developed by the first Guardians are known to me, but Environmental Adaptation wasn't part of it." Agnes chirped.
"I'm afraid I don't know how to swim." I said.
"I thought ninjas were supposed to be versatile and athletic." Ivan teased. I just rolled my eyes and looked over at Martha.
"Actually, I know a place where we can do some practice." Martha stroked her chin.

We followed Martha on her trail to the community pool. When we flew and landed there, the building was closed, and no one else, not even security, was there. Dylan sat down at the podium, while Martha, Ivan and myself stood at the diving boards at the one edge of the pool.
"So, what happens next?" I asked.
"When you dive in, you need to be calm. The transformation will be painful if you're not in the right mindset." Martha advised.
"Pain? You never said anything about pain before." Ivan was hysterical. I looked into the abyss before me and gulped.
Martha looked at the both of us. "Just follow my lead. Allow yourself to drift through the water and it'll happen." She turned her head towards the water and dove in, gracefully. After she hit the water, a thick blanket of bubbles covered her in the water. When they disappeared, her tail was there, just like she said. She came up to the surface and looked at us. "Well? What are you waiting for?"
"It's worth a shot." Ivan looked at me, looked back to the water, took a step forward and roughly dove in. After a moment, he was the same as Martha in the water.
I sighed and nervously stepped into the water. As I fell, the water surrounded me as my body entered it. I drifted in the water, back and forth. I felt a tingly feeling in my legs. I felt the need to open my eyes, and when I did, I could see clearly. I looked down and saw my tail. I tried moving my legs but instead it moved my tail. I flapped a found that I could move forwards. It was easier than I thought. It was so natural that it felt like second nature to me. I did it. I transformed. I can swim.