Season 1 Episode 14 - Two-Pointer

[DYLAN'S POV]

The next day, some suspicious new faces appeared on the school grounds. They were all either visiting students or new teachers.
"What's going on?" Alya asked.
"I don't know," I said, "but they seem suspicious enough. The timing is just too perfect. Keep an eye out, team."
The rest of the group and I went about our day as per usual. I then ended up bumping into Eric at breaktime on the basketball court.
"Great. You again." I said. We looked at each other intensely. The bell rang eventually, prompting any other students to run up to class from the court. Just after we were left alone, the tension began to swell immensely. Eric, as I still knew him, was still dribbling a ball when he began to click his tongue.
"Look at you, all alone. Where's your little army now, huh?" he squashed the ball in his hands and let it drop next to him.
Obviously, this did intimidate me, but I couldn't let him know that I was intimidated. "They're not my 'army.' They're my friends, and we're a team. Why can't you get with that?"
He smirked, "I guess I'm in disbelief. Someone as strong as you doesn't deserve to be with weaklings like them."
"Okay," I rolled my eyes, "you tell me I'm weak the one second, then you tell me my team is weak the next. I mean, just make up your mind already. Anyways, why are you here?"
"I just wanted to talk some sense into you. Join us, or suffer with the others." He said.
I stretched my arms forward and let out an exhale of air, "Look, if you're upset that we 'replaced you', you can't really blame us. That was the Broach of Nature wanting to escape from whatever mortal danger you'd be put in. I mean, if you really are the ones that were meant to make sure that we don't destroy the world, I'd say you're doing a splendid job if I didn't know better." I rubbed my hands together and activated my pendant.
"Oh, come on, it's the same moves every single time." He yawned.
"Just shut, up!" I yelled and charged at him. He then shoved me away and began to charge balls of energy in his palms.
"This was a really nice talk, but I have better things to do with my time." He launched the balls of energy at me but I tried to block it with a beam of fire. I struggled to hold it back as it got closer and closer.
"You can't win, Dylan. Just give it up!" The balls of energy approached me and caused a huge flash upon impact. "No, no no...Shit!" I yelled as I was pushed back by the feedback of energy and fell to the ground. After barely recovering from the fall, I saw Eric standing above and looking down at me.
"What a shame. You never learn." He walked away.
I turned over and watched him walk out of the basketball court. I stretched my arm out, reaching for him. "Get back here...I'm not done..." I groaned as I let my arm down and rolled over onto my back.