Season 2 Episode 37 - The Silent Ambush

[ERIC'S POV]

I ran to go find Mx Bekker, the French teacher. Since they were up one level, I had to go up a staircase. I made specifically sure that my footsteps on the stairs would be as swift and silent as humanly possible. I couldn't transform yet, otherwise they would have seen me coming. Just as I was about to round the corner, I saw Renden standing in the passageway, facing in the opposite direction. Quietly, I went back around the corner to gather my bearings. 'Maybe if I try a sneak attack, I can get Mx Bekker out of there as soon as possible,' I thought to myself. I turned the corner again and jogged into the classroom behind Renden. I looked around, scanning the room for Mx Bekker, but they were nowhere to be found. I heard a thump behind me. I whipped around quickly only to see Renden in the doorway to the classroom.
"Nice of you to show your face again." Renden leaned on the doorway.
"What have you done with Mx Bekker?"
"I think you can decipher what could have happened using common sense, can't you? Or is that not part of your skill set?"
"Whatever. Umbra!" I flipped backwards in the air and transformed instantaneously. When I landed, I looked up to see Renden charging towards me. The only thing I could do at that moment was block his attack using my forearms. The two of us pushed against each other, anticipating the other to falter and give in.I jumped out of the way towards the light switch and flipped it, causing darkness to fall over the room. I summoned wells of purple energy in my hands. "Before I give you the battle of your life, I just want you to know that I don't need to redeem myself by some grand sacrifice. Taking you down is all I need." I threw my hands out around me and expanded the darkness.
"What is this trickery?"
"This is the true power of the Shadow Element. And, you're about to witness it first hand. Shadow Deception!' I used my cloning technique to distract Renden while I was off to the side charging another technique. One by one, Renden flailed around at the clones. After all the clones had been reduced to puffs of purple smoke. I readied my stance and waited for my perfect moment. When the time came, I took off and flew through the air towards Renden. My attack was ready. I'd created a sharp blade-like weapon that stretched from my forearm to my straightened hand, made of bright purple energy. With one strong swipe from my arm, I sent a bright wave of sharp purple energy that hit Renden like a truck. "Shadow Slash!" I yelled. The energy was just about strong enough to knock Renden over and let him land face-down. I straightened up and walked towards the incapacitated Renden. I stopped next to his body and crouched down beside him. Renden winced as he rolled over.
"You think you've won, but that's pitiful!" He spat up onto my cheek.
Disgusted, I wiped it away begrudgingly. "It's sad that you think I don't stand a chance when I'm the one with the advantage here."
"You should have listened to Avido. Something is devastating. Powerful."
"Don't worry about that. We've got that covered. Trust and believe." I thrust my hand upon his chest. As my hand made contact with Renden's body, a great flash of light exploded from us. When the light receded, I was back in the classroom, and Mx Bekker was standing in front of me, returned to their corporeal form. I smiled gently and stepped back from them. I took a deep breath and roared, "Element Summon!" My transformation felt incredible. It felt like I could do anything. Two down, one to go.