Season 1 Episode 37 - Dance Floor Darling

[DYLAN'S POV]

The group and I rocked up to the Valentine's Dance on Friday at the school hall. I was especially excited because I went with Oliver, Alec, and the rest of my friends. Eric was also there, because he was finally fully recovered from his injuries.
"It feels good to get some fresh air again." Eric took a deep breath and sighed.
"I'm so glad we at least get a day off after the crazy ass month we just had. Let's go get some drinks." Ivan gestured towards Alya and Martha. They walked away to the table with the drinks.
"I know you're on edge right now." Oliver moved closer towards me.
"How did you know?" I was surprised at how well he could read me.
"I've known you for a while now. I can tell when you're anxious. Just spill your guts."
"I just think this isn't the end."
"Really?"
"Really."
"Why do you think that is?"
"I just have this feeling in my gut that it isn't over. The Anti-Elementals went out too softly. They didn't put up much of a fight when it came down to it."
"You think so?"
"Yeah."
"I understand how you feel, but right now, we have a dancefloor in front of us, we have lights, we can fun. Just like normal kids."
"That's the thing, we're far from normal. We can't just pretend that all this didn't just happen to us."
"If I'm being honest, let's just pretend, for one night, that we're regular kids. Dancing the night away."
"You know what? Let's do it." I held my hand out to him and he took it, "One night wouldn't hurt, right?" We then walked out onto the dancefloor and joined the others in the fun. The music was perfect for all of us. We were having fun. Just like regular kids would.

After about an hour of bouncing to high-energy music, a slow song finally came on. Naturally, I retracted myself from the dancefloor and moved back to the wall where I could sit on a chair. The rest of the group danced together with other people, having a ball. Oliver noticed me leaving, and followed behind me.
When I noticed him coming towards me, I looked up from my phone.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"I don't do slow-dancing." I sighed.
"Why not?" He sat down on the chair next to me.
"This is normally the part where I'm dancing on my own. Everyone else is having fun. I wouldn't want to make it awkward."
"Actually," he stood up and faced me, "you can dance with me."
"Really?"
"Why not? No one's stopping us." He held his hand out to me, like I did for him earlier. I took his hand and walked with him on to the dancefloor. Since he's taller than me, I cuffed my hands around his neck, while he loosely held on to my waist. For a while, we rocked back and forth, from side to side, with the rhythm of the music. I didn't notice how I'd gotten so comfortable in his grasp and practically melted into his arms. I'd rested my head on his chest, and wrapped my arms around his waist, he also rested his chin on the tip of my head as we continued rocking back and forth. It felt so effortless and natural to be this way with him - affectionate. Suddenly, a loud explosion interrupted the moment.

《Kylie Minogue - Dance Floor Darling》