CHAPTER 60

Ding. The elevator chimed, signaling my arrival at the intended floor. It was only a short journey, spanning just a few floors, but I struggled to keep my eyes open. My body felt leaden. Even during times when I'd worked tirelessly without rest, my entire being had never ached this much. That infuriating madman hadn't even taken a break until dawn.

I muttered a curse and stepped out of the elevator as the doors opened. In this hotel, the check-in area was located on the ground floor, but the madman had gone ahead and acquired a separate key for me. I recollected seeing an employee stationed at a small desk. As soon as he spotted me, he respectfully nodded and offered a greeting. I reciprocated the gesture and explained the purpose of my visit.

"I need some clothes. Is there a place where I can purchase t-shirts?"

I started to inform him about my room number, but he smiled and guided me as if he already knew.

"Kindly inform me of the brand and style you prefer, and I will arrange for it."

"Just a black t-shirt will suffice. And a cheap one. The cheapest you have."

"Yes, we will deliver it to your suite, where you'll be staying until morning. Is there anything else you require?"

It was well past 2 in the morning. Where were they going to find it? I found it strange, but I thought there must be a way, so I nodded.

"No, it's alright..."

"Huh? Lee Taemin?"

Suddenly, I heard my name from behind. I couldn't see their face, but I recognized the voice instantly. Cha Jungwoo? Sure enough, when I turned around, he stood there with a surprised expression.

"Huh, what's happening? You really are Lee Taemin. Why are you here?"

I wanted to pose the same question.

"Why are you here? My manager said you had gone to the countryside for volunteer work."

Annoyance crept across his face in response to my words.

"Don't worry, I'm doing well at it."

"If you're doing well, you shouldn't be frequenting hotels. The manager must have a tough time keeping an eye on you."

After my blunt comment, harsh words immediately shot out of his mouth.

"Oh, fuck. I'm struggling as well. And that manager, he might smile, but he never holds back with his words. Is he always this nagging?"

"No, not really."

"...Just with me."

He muttered another curse in annoyance. Was he asking for a punch?

"He does it because you deserve it. If you have an issue with the manager, just let me know. I'll be more than happy to settle it for you."

At that, Cha Jungwoo's expression shifted oddly. He regarded me as if he found something about me unusual.

"That manager is quite ordinary. But you always take his side."

"If there were a bastard who attacked your manager with a golf club right in front of you, anyone would be furious."

"Fuck, watch what you say."

"Make sure you don't get caught, either by me or by the reporters."

In response to my comment, he chuckled and looked around.

"Don't worry. I've managed to stay under the radar this far. And since this is a suite lounge, no one can track me here. The staff here are very good at keeping things confidential."