CHAPTER 4

-Turning on a new leaf has ended-

When I returned to Dream Entertainment after the night shift, the time was almost 12:50 pm. Still wearing the hat on my head and the sweaty old clothes that I had been wearing since dawn, I entered the shiny corporate lobby. Fortunately, the soda uncle informed me in advance, the security guard checked the business card and gave me an access card so I could enter.

"He said to wait in conference room 312."

The security guard spat out lazily. I nodded and got into the elevator and pressed the button on the elevator to the 5th floor. The lights came on and the elevator room started to move. Myeongshin was on the 5th floor when I delivered the parcel. So if he came back, he will most likely be on this floor. Fortunately, it was late at this time so on the 5th floor there was almost no one left and most of the lights were turned off, and I could move freely. I walked slowly and looked at each room.

My old sneakers with worn-out soles barely made any sounds. The lights were on in the hallway, but a light leaked out from under the door, so I could tell which room was in use. I stopped at that place to listen. I could hear voices coming from the inside, but it was so low that I couldn't tell what they were talking about. I put the gum I had prepared in my mouth, chewed it, turned around, and walked along the hallway. Soon I found the light switch near the elevator and turned it off.

Click.

The lights in the hallway went out with a small sound. I paused for a moment to get used to the darkness and then headed to the front of the room that was still lit. I hid the gum in my left hand and knocked on the door with my right hand. As I turned the handle, the inner chatter stopped. The bright light inside poured out to the point where it was dazzling.

"What was that?"

A man in the suit asked with a frown, he must have been a little startled because he was talking about something secretive. Myeongshin and the guy looked at me, but thanks to the hood, they couldn't see my face clearly.

"I'm sorry. I must have entered the wrong room."

I politely bowed and closed the door immediately. Of course, I didn't forget to glue the gum to the door frame before closing it. When the door latch is stuck with candy, the door will not close completely. A small gap is enough to be able to hear their voices. I leaned against the wall beside the door and tried to listen to the voices inside. The main topic of conversation between the two was the drama that will start filming next year.

Myeongshin believed that he would be able to make it to the top if he was the main character of the drama. The drama seems to be in the early stages of planning. Only the director has been decided, investors have not yet been recruited. But both believe people would invest in the piece. The topic of the drama continued to be boring. Then, they started gossiping about the actors who were currently taking up the lead roles, and the topic then came to the person named Director Yoon, who was talked about earlier.

"Did you look into it? About that Director Yoon."

"Ah, Jihwaja."

When the man in the suit nodded and said the name, Myeongshin laughed.

"What a funny name. Is it because of this name that Director Yoon still remembers and is searching for him?"

"No. I heard a little from Chief Park, this person named Jihwaja..."

The man suddenly lowered his voice as if he was telling a secret.

"5 years ago, he slept with Director Yoon for one night and then ran away with the money."

"Oh my god, he stole the money from Director Yoon and ran away?"

"No he left it."

"...What?"