CAHPTER 50

The manager, who was busy managing Cha Jungwoo's commitments, made an effort to secure jobs for Hansoo in his free time. Most of these gigs were relatively small or on par with the ads in the last newspaper. He stressed that the experience of standing in front of the camera and acting was invaluable, even if the pay wasn't substantial.

However, as his voice grew louder, it began to sound like he was rationalizing his inability to land a significant role. Perhaps he genuinely believed his words, for he toiled alongside Hansoo and the unconventional road manager for several days.

This turned out to be a blessing for me. Nothing helped me more than staying busy to suppress certain memories. My mind should have been solely focused on plotting my revenge against Myungshin, step by step. Yet, in my moments of relaxation, my thoughts invariably returned to my last exchange with that madman.

When I hadn't said a word, he had sauntered away, his face satisfied.

'I'm leaving for America tomorrow morning. While I'm away, make sure to worry about me, okay?'

Damn that bastard.

"They say he's returning to Korea tomorrow."

At Hansoo's words, my breath caught involuntarily, and I asked,

"... Who?"

Hansoo continued munching on his bread, answering casually,

"Myungshin hyung."

Oh, there was that prick. As I recalled, Hansoo swallowed the food and added with a clear pronunciation.

"He must have arrived a day earlier than planned, probably due to some urgent matter. When I went to the office in the morning to pick up the materials my manager had requested, I overheard Myungshin talking about how he was going crazy."

Urgent? It didn't seem to be related to the sports car. What could it be? I thought back to the good-Impression guy and the messages we'd exchanged over the past few days.

— I'm trying to persuade him, but it's not going well. Song Yoohan must be quite intimidating.

I didn't believe persuasion alone would bring him over. What was needed was something more forceful to overcome his fear.

— I'll create the right circumstances for him to change his mind, so keep the pressure on him. He's not getting what he deserves by being used by Song Yoohan, and we should take advantage of his absence.

Then, the last message read:

— Good news. Chairman Kim is coming to our company tomorrow for business, and Hyungseok said he'll accompany him.

Until I saw this message, I had wondered if Chairman Kim wasn't content with just photos of the celebrities he would prey on and had decided to see them in person. Especially since Yellow Hair had decided to follow him around. It was an opportunity for Yellow Hair to get closer to Chairman Kim, but it didn't seem like a situation that would necessitate Myungshin's hasty return to Korea. So why had he come back so suddenly? It left me pondering whether it had something to do with Chairman Kim's visit to the company. At that point, Hansoo, who had finished eating all the bread, added one more thing while waving his hand.

"Oh, and I heard a peculiar rumor at the office."

"A rumor?"

"The president of our company might step down from his role."

I watched Hansoo tilt his head as I recalled the president I had encountered in the underground parking lot.

"But isn't that strange? I'd heard that the former president was backing Director Yoon, but according to the rumors, the current president is handing over the position to someone else."