CHAPTER 3

-Speak of the devil-

The consequence of sleeping for 200won with a man was greater than I thought. I remember having a hard time for almost a week. And thanks to the blood on the bunny suit that day (probably the thug's blood), it was thrown away the next day and there was no need to wear those bunny suits anymore. Instead, I found a part-time job at the road construction site at night, and again my day was filled with earning money like a dog all day. It was difficult to endure it every single day. Looking back now, I think that was the longest period of time I gritted my teeth in resignation to something in my entire life.

Just like that, 4 years and 6 months passed. The total debt of 153,277,360 won was paid off by me at the age of 26. Of which, the principal amount was less than 20 million won. When I went to the boss for the last time to pay him back, he gave me a wry smile and praised me, saying that his job would be easier if everyone was like me. The old man grinned and said.

"If you need money then look for me again."

I didn't answer him, but he suddenly called me back as if he had just remembered something.

"By the way, did you borrow money from other places besides me?"

"No."

"Is that so? Hmm, I heard someone is looking for you these days. When you first started paying off your debt, the employment agency I introduced you to contacted me. Did you cause any trouble while working?"

When I first started paying off my debt, it was five years ago. What trouble could I have caused? The only thing the boss told me was the mascot suit and handing out flyers.

"I didn't."

When I spoke bluntly, he tilted his head with a 'hmm' sound.

"I told them I didn't know you because I was in a hurry."

He stared at me as if he wanted me to thank him, but I was done with what I had to do so I turned around. But he called me back again with a somewhat serious voice.

"Hey, why don't you continue working under me? "

"I don't want to."

"...You've really changed."

Subsequently, I heard him ask "Did you turn over a new leaf?" but I left directly because I didn't have time. Time is precious while delivering. If I start running now, I won't be able to finish today's delivery.

Today seems to be a lucky day. Or maybe it's just because I just paid off my debt that I feel that way, but I was able to finish the rest of today's work earlier than usual. When there was no one at home, all the people I called answered and told me where to leave the goods, and I didn't have to walk up more than three floors with heavy packages for any of the houses. I feel like I was really lucky. But my luck seems to have run out. As soon as I got into the car after finishing work, I got a call from the manager.

「Hey, the delivery guy to XX has a bit of a problem. The car is broken, please help deliver it!"」

The call was disconnected with a loud buzzing noise, the manager must have been going there himself. If it is XX, then it is located in the middle of a place where many agencies and offices gather. Because it has to be delivered before the end of work, time is really tight. Looking at the clock, it was 5:30 pm. Even if the truck turned into an airplane it would be too late I thought, as I turned the steering wheel.
The last place I ran to as I sweated profusely was a seven-story building located in a prime location, in a place known for its sky-high land prices. I wasn't assigned to this area, so it's my first time here, but there are a lot of delivery orders in such places where the whole building looks like a company. The person in charge of delivering the order with the car that had broken down said it's okay to go slowly because there are people staying here until late at night, and it seems that's true. Even though it's past 7 pm, there are still a lot of people in front of the building, and there are quite a few people coming in and out.