Chapter 7

-I don't plan on it-

The first day off work in 3 years, I woke up quite late, I entered the familiar building i've been coming for the last three days. The manager wasn't the only one waiting for me. When I saw Hansoo standing beside me, he held out his hand to me with a nervous look on his face like a manager.

"Drink it...I thought it would be necessary so I bought it as soon as I got out of school . "

I paid closer attention to it because of the serious tone, but still couldn't understand . What's the use of giving me tranquilizers? Besides, manager also took a step forward.

"I don't know what's your religion, so I brought it all here."

He brought out a necklace of crosses, a Christian rosary , and a short Buddhist rosary. I looked at what they offered in turn and opened my mouth.

"I don't need any props "

Maybe I should of told you in advance ? I felt a little guilty because he had to run here as soon as he finished school. Just in case, I took the props and put it in my back pocket. However, their expressions suddenly changed when they heard me speak.

" ... Huh ?"

After a long time , the manager made a strange sound and Hansoo cut in .

"Are you a psychopath?"

When I was still staring at him because I didn't understand what that word meant, the manager came to his senses and scolded Hansoo as if he had hurt me.

" What are you saying ? Haha , this kid is just joking with you, because you don't seem to be worried at all." It was a swear word .

Instantly, when I shifted my gaze to Hansoo, our eyes met and he cringed in fear .

"I, I'm sorry."

Is that an American swear word? I squinted my eyes thinking, suddenly the manager exclaimed 'Ah! and pulled out a folded piece of paper from his pocket.

"I have come up with a few stage names ... here . "

Then , on the piece of paper he opened , I saw more than 100 names. Handing the paper to me with expectant eyes, the manager read out the names one by one.

"Tell me which one you like. First , Lee Taemin..."

"Yes, that one. "

"Huh ? "

"I chose that name, Lee Taemin."

There was a bit of disappointment on the manager's bewildered face, but to be honest, the name didn't matter much. I reminded him of the time to distract him.

"Can we go now ? "

Fortunately it worked , the uncle quickly changed his expression, raised a hand to his heart and brought Hansoo 's tranquilizer to his mouth .

"Okay, let's go!"

I followed the manager inside with the sound of a small door.

The manager held the religious trio in his hand, closing the door to cover Hansoo who was cheering in the back. The manager just saw the two people inside and came forward to say hello first. Two men, one in his 40s, one in his early 30s, were sitting on chairs behind a long table. The man in his 40s was wearing a casual suit, and the man in his early 30s was wearing a suit. The 40-year-old man also stood up and greeted the manager with a smile, presumably these two knew each other, but the man in his 30s with an angular face and a solid build just shook hands with the manager.

This room was bigger than I thought, but behind the two people sitting opposite was a large black glass window and a door, I wondered if there was another room behind that. It was like the window in the police interrogation room that I used to see on TV. Is there really someone over there? While I was observing the room, the manager had stepped back, the 40-year-old man pointed to a place in the room and asked me to stand there. I stood in the middle opposite the two, the 40-year-old uncle turned on the camera placed on the table.