CHAPTER 31

It was still early in the morning and the hotel lobby was relatively quiet, so the sound of my footsteps echoed loudly inside.

Clack, clack.

Halfway through the polished marble floor, another sound stopped me.

"Oh? Lee Taemin?"

When I turned my head to hear a familiar voice, PD Jeong was looking at me with surprised eyes. He was just approaching me at the entrance to the cafe on one side of the hotel lobby.

"Didn't you go to sleep with the other group? What are you doing here?"

"I had some business to do. What about the director?"

"Oh, I also have some business to attend to. I'm meeting someone."

I knew who he was going to see the moment I saw his bitterly smiling face. Director Yoon, who invested in him. I pondered about the man sleeping above me. He plainly stated that he would sleep for an hour, but was he actually making PD Jeong wait on purpose? I was skeptical, but Producer Jeong explained everything to me.

"Do you have time now? I have something to talk about. I arrived an hour and a half earlier than the scheduled time because I was afraid that if I slept, I wouldn't be able to wake up."

I nodded and followed him into the cafe. In addition to a coffee cup, his seat was littered with scenarios, notebooks, and pens. However, what stood out the most was the ashtray, which already had several butts visible.

"What are you drinking Taemin?"

When the waitress arrived and delivered us the menu, PD Jeong swiftly put the scripts away and made place on the table. When I looked at the prices, which were twice as expensive as other locations, I saw that PD Jeong's coffee was cheapest. PD Jeong must have seen my gaze and gave an uneasy smile.

"I want to wake up a little bit. By the way, Taemin, you didn't eat breakfast, right? Whatever you eat..."

"The director hasn't eaten either, right?"

"Huh? Ah... I'm just fine with coffee."

It's probably fine because it's the cheapest. I looked up at the waiter and pointed to the most expensive breakfast set on the menu.

"Could you please bring me two of these? And the bill can be sent to room 1208."

The staff replied ' Yes? ' surprised, I said my name and told him to call him immediately to confirm. After he left, I pointed up and briefly explained to PD Jung who was still blinking.

"Someone owes me money."

Only then did he respond 'Ah~' and accept it. And, as we were conversing about nothing in particular, an employee approached me and informed me that it had been confirmed. As the waiter was ready to go, something occurred to me, and I stopped him.

"Bring me the two most expensive ice-creams here."

I decided to take out the cake on my way out, when I heard PD Jeong mumbling.

"Ah, I also thought Taemin had come to see Director Yoon, but that's probably not the case."

When I looked up, he smiled shyly again.

"In reality, I came to meet Dream's Director Yoon. So I was wondering if Taemin had come to meet him because they are from the same company, but because you mentioned the person owed money, I'm guessing it wasn't Director Yoon."

I didn't think there was any need to deliberately tell him, so I changed the topic to another direction.

"You have something to tell me."