CHAPTER 72

It took some time for me to fully grasp the detailed explanation from the good impression. Evidently, Chairman Kim had organized a celebration party at his villa to mark his anticipated triumph before the board meeting. However, the meeting turned out to be his undoing.

Despite the logical cancellation of the party due to the circumstances, Chairman Kim proceeded with it, perhaps feeling that calling it off would amount to an admission of defeat. So, despite not being in the mood for it, he used a young man in his early twenties, whom he had acquired at a high cost, as a sacrificial offering.

This individual wasn't a celebrity but rather someone saved from a loan shark under the condition of doing anything. He became a mere plaything, an outlet for Chairman Kim's frustration over not being able to scar the faces and limbs of celebrities as he usually would. The atmosphere, however, was far from festive; Chairman Kim's business had collapsed, and the mad dog was nowhere to be found.

Myungshin, who had stayed behind to observe, couldn't even suck his dick properly given his uncertainty about Chairman Kim's future utility. In this weakened state, the sacrificed man became the target of merciless violence. As he collapsed, nearly fainting, the police suddenly arrived.

I don't know how they found their way there, but leading the police was a certain woman. It turned out to be the mother of the sacrificial offering. She had witnessed her son collapsing on the floor, and in a fit of rage, she screamed before grabbing the self-defense electric shock device she had brought for self-protection and attacked Chairman Kim.

Before the police could intervene, her assault left Chairman Kim dead, his dignity reduced to nothing but his shriveled penis. Fortunately, the good impression mentioned that her actions were not intended to cause death, sparing her from a murder conviction.

In the ensuing chaos, Myungshin managed to escape, but the other subordinates were apparently apprehended. The details of how she knew the location of Chairman Kim's villa and why she had an electric shock gun for self-defense remained unaddressed. This was largely because Chairman Kim's lifetime of nefarious deeds had been exposed to the public.

Yet, certain details triggered a sense of foreboding. The date of Chairman Kim's death was the night of the board meeting. The madman had come to me that same night and cryptically muttered,

'I stepped on all of them.'

Initially, I assumed he was referring to the board meeting. What if that wasn't the case? Additionally, Alice's boss claimed he didn't came yesterday because he had to clean up the mess. Coupled with the disappearance of the mad dog, everything became shrouded in suspicion. A chill ran down my spine, confirming my doubts. The only certainty was the madman's capacity to carry out all of this with a big smile on his face, even if it meant taking Chairman Kim's life.

******

The conversation with the good impression had given me a heads-up. With Chairman Kim's demise, Myeongshin seemed to have plunged into the depths of despair, caught in a disorienting downward spiral. On that particular night, I received a call from him.

[...You bastard, where are you now?]

His voice quivered with anger. Remaining silent and just listening, I heard his exclamation.

[Fuck, where are you?]

"Hospital."

Providing an honest response, I caught a sneer in his tone.

[Huh, did you get stabbed while attempting to kill Chairman Kim's guy?]

Myungshin appeared unaware that I had been hospitalized while trying to rescue the good impression. So, the mad dog wasn't taken by Chairman Kim. But then, where is he?