CHAPTER 25

The shabby movie company I was called to in the evening was where Hansoo went for an interview. On the top floor of the stinking building that looked like it was about to collapse, I opened the door of the movie company and found a small office with a desk in it. Perhaps this was the company that planned this movie, when I entered through the open door, I saw a man who seemed to be his late 40s, who was most likely PD Jung, talking to a woman. With a serious expression and tone they were talking about the casting, that they didn't even notice that I had entered. Instead, the manager and Hansoo who got there earlier came to greet me.

"Did you finish your class well?"

The manager was like a parent sending their first child to elementary school. When I nodded, Hansoo approached the side and asked in a low voice.

"But you don't really need a sedative, do you?"

"What do i need that for?"

Why would I need it? On the contrary, I wondered if everything was resolved and returned to the original state, as the manager and Hansoo looked at each other and talked as usual.

"He really does have a strong heart."

"Right? The first time he was interviewed at the company, I noticed that he didn't even blink an eye, like he had a stone heart."

"Yes. He has a heart of a stone, so I'm sure he's more worried about what to eat for lunch right now than this audition."

"Aww, that's true. But would he truly consider what to eat for lunch? Considering that his heart is made of stone? Taemin-ah, are you worrying about... "

"..."

"... Are you angry?"

"Yes."

Both of them turned their heads at the same time and cleared their throats. It was surprising to observe both of them swiftly reverting to how they were in the past, but I didn't ignore Hansoo's red eyes. His face was also slightly swollen. After seeing his eyes that looked like they had just cried for a while, I turned to look at the manager.

"But why are you asking me if I need a sedative?"

"Huh? That's because you're going to audition today."

"Who?"

"You."

"..."

"Huh? Didn't I tell you? You'll do this audition too, I also bragged a lot to PD Jung about you."

My stiff expression was buried in my manager's lively voice, then a neighboring voice confirmed the scenario for me.

"Oh, isn't this the clever friend who appears average in real life but kills it in photos?"

When PD Jung approached me I almost opened my mouth to ask. Who?

There was a set of desks and chairs that were only used by schools, placed in front of a pile of objects covered with a layer of linen stacked up to the ceiling. There, PD Jung was sitting next to the manager, and Hansoo and I were standing in front of them. Both Hansoo and I were holding a short script page in our hands. We were given 20 minutes in advance to learn, but to be honest, I was a bit appalled.

When reading the script in class, the teacher explained the scenario situation in advance and gave simple instructions on how to read it with emotion, so this sheet of paper containing only this dense line of dialogue looked like a blank sheet of paper for me. But on the contrary, if you don't know anything, just rush in, there is nothing to be afraid of. The content of the dialogue was just a person explaining his daily schedule. I was trying to imagine the situation, but PD Jung announced the start.