CHAPTER 71

Human adaptability always appears to surpass expectations. The wound in my stomach made even breathing painful, so I initially thought all I could manage was to pull myself up and sit. However, I seemed to have underestimated myself. At some point, I drifted into sleep, and upon opening my eyes, I realized I was barely holding on in the confined space.

Lying on my side, I felt like even a slight push of 5 centimeters could send me tumbling to the floor from my precarious position. My body was as stiff as stone from the effort of preventing a fall. Furthermore, the guy occupying the space behind me was pressing his body against mine, his arms wrapped around my aching stomach.

No wonder I kept experiencing pain even in my sleep. Observing the dark blue sky through the window, I realized it was still dawn. Frustration surged through me as soon as I woke up. Someday, I'll die because of this guy. I reached out and attempted to free the arm wrapped around my stomach, but it remained firmly in place.

"Ha....."

I took a breath and spoke.

"Hey..."

There was no response.

"Hey!"

My voice reverberated in the room, and the body behind me shifted slightly. However, the issue was that the arm wrapped around me now applied more pressure.

"Ugh!"

Unintentionally, I groaned and haunched. My mind went blank for a moment. Due to the pain radiating through my body from the wound being pressed, I couldn't immediately grasp the question from the guy behind me.

"Why?"

"Ugh... your... hand."

"Hand? Ah, does it hurt here?"

His voice, raspy from just waking up, sounded oddly casual. Deliberately, he pulled my body closer with his arm.

"Hnng!"

Holding my breath, I tightly closed my eyes. So, I didn't even realize when the guy straightened my body; I just groaned in pain. From the side, the madman gently raised his hand to my forehead, and only then could I open my eyes. It wasn't because the pain had subsided, but rather the force of anger. The guy's other hand was placed on my stomach, which lay flat.

"Is this where it hurts?"

He pressed once more.

"Ugh... damn it, let go."

I opened my eyes with great effort, and upon confirming the guy's face revealed by the faint dawn light, I couldn't bring myself to swear anymore. As he looked down at my wounds, a creepy smile adorned his face. He lifted his eyes to mine, sporting a gentle smile on his lips but not in his eyes.

"No."

"What?"

"Who told you to get stabbed without permission?"

He smiled deeply and added lowly to the point that i wondered if it was the same person who just woke up from his sleep .

"Are you saying I should refrain from touching you because of something that was your fault?"

His hand pressed firmly against the wound again.

Ugh! Fuck...

I succeeded in gripping his arm tightly. It felt like the wound could burst again at any moment. Driven by pain, my only thought was how to stop him. Unable to retaliate physically, I had no choice but to somehow appease him. Because I finally grasped it. This guy has been furious since the moment I got stabbed. However, the only words that escaped my mouth were, of course,