CHAPTER 54

Obsession is frightening because the person experiencing it often fails to recognize it. They become so accustomed to their insatiable desires that it turns into a routine, and they take their obsession for granted, even if it appears abnormal to others. It's like a hidden black hole, invisible only to the person ensnared by it.

The abyss that Myungshin was descending into happened to be that car. I was waiting for our manager at the company's parking lot entrance to attend an audition for a minor role on a cable channel, an opportunity our manager had secured. Suddenly, a sleek foreign car came to a halt in front of me. Knowing very well that the manager's car was a rickety old thing that could break down at any moment, I was certain this car didn't belong to them. It was, without a doubt, owned by someone I knew - the same car I had seen in front of the restaurant a few days ago.

Slam!

Myungshin stepped out of the car and forcefully shut the door. As I watched him, he momentarily stood proudly in front of the car and then strolled closer. The car, which still had its temporary license plate, sparkled without a speck of dust. I had a hunch back at the restaurant where I had met Chairman Kim a few days ago, but I hadn't expected Myungshin to acquire a new car so swiftly.

It was undoubtedly a pleasant sight, but I couldn't help but wonder if he had more financial resources than I had assumed. I'd heard that he didn't do many commercials, so could he have amassed considerable wealth during his time under Chairman Kim? How did he come into money this time? If that was the case, I had no choice but to push him even harder.

"Have you been in touch with Cha Jungwoo? He seems to have disappeared, and I can't find him anywhere."

"Why are you asking me that?"

When I pressed the question, Myungshin replied with a mocking tone.

"Cha Jungwoo always rushes over when you call him. So, go ahead, call him to come see me, you jerk."

His intention wasn't to visit Myungshin but rather to flaunt the car. It appeared he wanted to show off quite a bit. I suppressed the laughter that threatened to surface and directed my attention towards the car, purposefully examining it as if to feed his ego.

"Is this really your car? You didn't just borrow it, did you?"

"Hah! Are you kidding me? Don't you believe it? That can I easily buy a car like this?"

I glanced at him and then back at the car, responding casually,

"Yeah, it's hard to believe. Honestly, this car doesn't seem to match your level of fame or income."

"What do you even know?"

"I know you're nothing but Chairman Kim's dick sucker."

Myungshin clenched his teeth and stared at me. He must have remembered his recent presence at the restaurant. Finally, since I discovered that he was merely being exploited, he would find it impossible to brag about Chairman Kim to me. I would laugh at him no matter how many times he touts Chairman Kim's support. Such as this.

"Besides, you don't appear to be the only one sucking Chairman Kim's dick. So that car will be your sole possession."

Myungshin clinched his fists and moved in closer. With the fact that I knew he couldn't throw that punch, a sneer pinched at the corner of my mouth.

"I had previously seen Chairman Kim at the company. Hyungseok was hanging to his side when you were filming overseas. You should know that Hyungseok sucks dick better than you because he is younger. Perhaps he can make Chairman Kim's dick linger a little longer. In any case, Chairman Kim is unconcerned about who licks his dick. Whether you or Hyungseok."