CHAPTER 13

~Sweet~

Like a porter, I put the two boxes of tonics in my hands on the cluttered table. His previous office was still occupied by piles of papers scattered everywhere. At first I didn't know what they were so I didn't even notice, but now I can tell. Like the scripts my manager showed me this past week to get used to it. What piled up this whole office was the scripts.

"What did you hear from the director?"

A light question was asked, while my eyes were still scanning the script. Standing in front of the desk, he was checking something on the screen. Not to mention the director's unusual personality, even his attitude towards the madman was a bit strange. Under the guise of that gruff tone and harsh action, was a caring and warm heart filled with concern, I could feel it. Why doesn't he show it? Such unruly appearance does not seem to be the result of that unusual personality. At least he didn't hide his true feelings in front of me. That is to say, he was just acting so erratic in front of the person involved. I conclude briefly before opening my mouth. It's the madman who resists it. It seemed that he didn't want to receive that kind of kindness from the other party.

"He asked me what I used to seduce you. "

" So what did you say ? "

" I said I seduce you with 200 won. "

He slowly lifted his lips and looked away from the screen.

"Is that so?...Then?"

Then there was the secret that the director told me, he must be asking about it. The director told me to keep it a secret, but I didn't even consider it a secret. But of course I don't want to let him know that easily.

"Then what?"

When I asked coldly back, he laughed.

" Say, I'll halve the work today. "

What does he mean by work ? As soon as he mentioned that, he stepped off his desk and threw something in front of me.

Clatter

It was CDs that he threw in front of me, by the looks of it, seemed to be around 10 CDs?. When I raised my eyes painfully remembering those bland short films, he laughed and added.

" After watching all of that, then you can read the script in the room. All of them, of course. "

"If necessary, there are tonics there, you can drink it and work. "

He stood at the door, jerking his chin back to the side of oriental medicine that the director gave. I opened my mouth when I remembered the director's threat that if I ate it, I would surely die.

" How long do I have to do this? "

I thought it would be confusing for me to choose not to say it, but after a while, the person with the drooping eyes threw me a smile.

" Until your done, of course. "

My eyes scanned the room once more. How many books even are there? Even if you exclude half of them from English, it would take a month to read them all.

" Oh, and I will bring more than this tomorrow too. "

"..."

" If you have something to say, say it. The work can be cut in half."

There was a strange sense of power that this madman had as he spoke, not only that, his smile.....If it was someone else in front of him, they probably wouldn't be able to refuse. If it weren't for my intuition warning me for 24 hours, I might not have been able to control myself and would tell him everything,