CHAPTER 37

"Taemin, what was that all about?"

The moment Director Yoon and Chief Park vanished into the room at the end of the hallway, my manager hurriedly questioned me. However, his voice got drowned out by someone else's words.

"I don't know how you managed to slip through, but if the evidence is solid, your deceptions will be exposed soon."

I didn't think I was misunderstanding the anxious undertone in Myungshin's sneering voice. I turned away from my manager and faced him. Myungshin, locking eyes with me, spoke with an icy expression.

"Three days? Alright. Let me keep an eye on you for the next three days to watch how you hold on to your last breath. But I'm confident it won't make a difference."

"Okay, just watch it carefully. That's what I want too."

I retorted and glanced at Myungshin, and the employee beside him with a tense expression.

Myungshin's demeanor barely changed at Director Yoon's words, but the staff member seemed visibly pale. And when I grinned, the employee's expression worsened.

"You better prepare well in these three days as you watch."

"Prepare for what?"

"What you've neglected."

I added, confirming that Myungshin's eyes were locked onto the employee.

"Search carefully. I wonder what you've overlooked, like a fool, in the evidence you've planted."

Tap.

The employee gulped and took a step back. Muttering something urgently to Myungshin, they grabbed his arm and hastily retreated. Hurrying through the security door, the two of them disappeared in the direction of the elevators. I silently cheered them on inside.

Yes, search thoroughly. So that you don't bother us or get sidetracked during these three days. There are no perfect lies in the world; every plan has its small loopholes. They'll find some trivial detail and panic.

"Is there an issue with the evidence? Did you find it?"

My manager asked, sounding half-startled and excited.

"No."

"But you said something to those two..."

"I was just bluffing."

Disappointment swiftly swept across my manager's face upon hearing this response. He seemed to share the sentiment with Myungshin, thinking that I had only managed to buy three more days as they had suggested.

"So... What did you say to Director Yoon? Do you have any way to prove it?"

"Manager."

I called him and gave him a hopeful look. The older man nodded eagerly like an eager child.

"Yes, Taemin?"

"There is a way. I even have Director Yoon's approval."

"Approval?" He inquired, but I disregarded his question and carried on.

"The only thing the manager needs to do is provide proof."

"What is it? I'll do whatever it takes. I can do it."

He momentarily forgot our location and raised his voice, the sound echoing down the hallway.

"Absolutely. I'll do anything to clear my name. I didn't do this. Myungshin's words are all lies..."

"I know."

I cut him off abruptly, taking his arm and leading him towards the door. As I walked past, I inquired, "By the way, what's Cha Jungwoo's future like?"