I've never given much thought to how I would die

Adam's: POV

The ambulance arrived to the hospital and I lay still on the stretcher. Reporters ran up to me and started asking questions. Tommy came out and I froze. He touched my arm and walked away. I wanted to shout at him, but I couldn't open my mouth. I was in so much pain.

I didn't know that his boyfriend had tried to kill my family. I closed my eyes and hoped that this terrible nightmare would end. It's a miracle I'm still alive. Death is peaceful. Easy. Life is harder.

***

Emily's: POV

I've never given much thought to how I would die. But dying in the place of someone I love seems like a good way to go. I can't bring myself to regret the decisions that brought me face to face with death.

I heard voices around me. I tried to open my eyes but the bright light were stabbing my eyes. I opened them again and saw Nadine. I see her as my godmother. She's so kind and down to earth.

"Where am I?" I asked confused

"Where am I?" I asked confused. "At the hospital." she said. "How badly injured am I?" I asked. "You've lost lots of blood, your foot is twisted. Your body is covered with bruises and stab wounds. You also have a concussion." said Nadine.

"How's dad?" I asked. "He'll recover, as well as your dad and siblings." she said. I hugged her and cried. "I don't know what I would do without you." I replied. "I'll always be here for you." she said with a smile on her face. "Thank you." I replied. "You're welcome." said Nadine.

They'll recover

I hope you liked the chapter

CharlieGlambert