I won't let that happen

Cooper's: POV

I woke up alone to a cloudy morning. I got up and went to the kitchen. I made myself a cup of tea and a sandwich. I sat down at the table and started eating. It felt very empty and lonely. I had tried to call Billy. I was very worried about him. Georgia and Luna were already at school.

I took my breakfast and went to a room. I saw a box on the floor that I hadn't seen before. I opened the lid and picked up skirts, blouses and corsets. Why does he own these kind of clothes? Then it went up for me. So this is his job, show himself for paying customers. I hope he doesn't sell his body. My heart broke for him.

***

I passed the brothel and I heard some boys whistling. A man came out and he grapped me. I tried in vain to get free. He took me to a room and left me there. I was shaking of fear. The door opened and Billy came in.

"Billy

"Billy." I said. "What are you doing here?" he asked shocked. "A man left me here." I said. "He thought you were a customer." replied Billy. I gasped quietly. He sat down on the bed and hid his face in his hands. I sat down next to him.

"My husband left me when Georgia was born. We moved here, but we struggled. I started working as a truck driver hoping to get money. But I didn't earn that well. A friend of mine suggested that I could start working as a sex worker. I earned well. I could pay bills and buy food.

But it was the beginning of a vicious spiral. Men used me for sex. Child services got involved and threatened to take Georgia away from me." said Billy. "I won't let that happen and child services can be so corrupted." I replied.

Thank you glitterybearforever for being in my book

Cooper found out Billy's secret

I hope you liked the chapter

CharlieGlambert