49

Authors P.O.V

"Are you sure you're fit and fine to work right now?". 

Hayeon asked for the nth time as they were both sitting in the producing room after the staff meeting. She glanced over at him closely but there wasn't much signs of exhaustion detected. 

She'd insisted he'd take another day off to rest properly but him being the workaholic he was, declined that suggestion and was firm on the fact that he felt completely better than before. 

Jisung shrugged his shoulders, stifling a yawn. "I'm perfectly fine, don't worry". He assured. 

She sighed unconvincingly but nodded anyway. 
Just when she was about to speak up again, there was a knock on the door. 

It was Hanmin, who popped his head around the corner with a grin before looking towards the black-haired male who was seated beside her. 

"Jisung, there's someone waiting for you in the lobby". 

Jisung pointed at himself, cocking his head questioningly. "Me?". 
"Yeah". Hanmin answered, shrugging. 

Hayeon felt her stomach churn, wondering if it was his mother who had dropped by yesterday too. Although she had firmly told the elder lady to stay away, she doubted she would've taken any impact from her words anyway. 

She furrowed her brows, glancing at Jisung who stood up and made his way out the door. 

Something about it made her want to follow him but her feet were rooted to the ground as she nervously watched him leave. 

When he reached the lobby, the black-haired boy was surprised to see Jihoon standing there, a thin smile on his lips as he saw his younger brother walk towards him, slowly. 
"Hyung". Jisung spoke up, hesitantly. "What brings you here?". 
Jihoon rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, moving forward to ruffle the youngers' hair. "I came by to have lunch with you". 

The black-haired glanced at the clock in the lobby. It was indeed rounding lunchtime. 

He nodded, accepting the lunch offer and the two brothers were out the door and on the sidewalk in no time. 

There was an awkwardness that hung in the air unlike ever before. 
Jihoon glimpsed at him after every two seconds but when their eyes met, he looked away instantly, a sort of guilt flashing through them. 

It didn't take long for Jisung to understand why his older brother was so anxious, despite him always having a light and goofy dynamic with him. 

"Why are you acting like you're guilty of something?". 
Jihoon looked towards him, startled by the question. He cleared his throat, shaking his head in disagreement. "Me? No, I'm not". He muttered. 

Jisung sighed, stopping in the middle of the walkway before turning his gaze to the elder. "Hyung". 

The action made Jihoon's heart pound as she stopped in his tracks too, meeting his eye nervously. "Why? What's wrong?". 

"Nothing is wrong, so stop acting like something is". The younger answered. "Whatever happened between me and our parents, none of it is your fault. You know that right?". 

There was a flicker of both dejection and shame that sparked in his eyes before he looked away, a heavy sigh leaving his own lips. "I'm sorry, Jisung". 

"Sorry for what? What do you have to be sorry for?". He responded, frowning. "Plus, don't call me by name, it sounds weird coming from you. Call me little bro or squirrel or whatever you usually do". He mumbled. 

A smile smile rounded the elder's lips. "Is everything okay between us?". 
"Obviously". He stated, clicking his tongue. "There was never nothing not-okay".