46

Authors P.O.V

"Morning". 

The sound of her soft voice pulled Jisung away from his phone, and he glanced towards the dark-haired who'd entered the meeting room with a small smile lighting her lips. 
As usual, she pulled out a chair next to him to sit down, glancing sideways at the male who was obviously thrilled to see her. 

The other producers continued chattering until CEO Yoon arrived and they all greeted her, allowing the meeting to start. 

Hayeon logged into her laptop, aware of the eyes that were watching her from across the meeting table. He'd officially returned today, yet surprisingly, his presence did not seem to make a difference to her. 

Expressionlessly, she looked up at him and shot a hard stare before turning away again. 

Jisung watched the short-lived interaction between the two, slightly taken aback by the coldness which had embraced the girl beside him. 

"Ah, right. Hayeon and Jisung, you both are working with Mari on her album right?". CEO Yoon directed her attention towards them, curiously. 
The duo turned to her, nodding simultaneously. 

CEO Yoon intertwined her hands together, sighing. "Well, unfortunately she suffered from a leg injury on Tuesday at her concert. The doctor has recommended to her full bedrest, and so the album will be scheduled to release much later". 

The dark-haired's lips parted surprisedly upon the newfound news she had not heard of yet, suspecting it'd not been officially released to the public. 

Or else, news reports would have been blowing up the web. 

"Then how about the tracks for her album? It'll be difficult for her to get involved with writing them if she's in such a bad condition". She asked, worriedly. 

CEO Yoon hummed in agreement. "That's right. She'll be fully resting for a month before she can come back to the company again. Until then, you can work slower on the tracks and produce them". 

The pair nodded at her words in unison. 

Soon, the meeting was over and the staff were dismissed to get back to work.

They both, once again, found themselves back in their producing room with the lights switched on as they plopped down behind their desk. 

Hayeon stifled a yawn, stretching her arms a little before taking a sip of the coffee that was resting on her desk. "Its sad that Mari's album has been delayed, she was so excited for all the collabs on this one". 

The black-haired agreed. "It gives us more rest time though. And free time".
She looked over at him in disbelief, rolling her eyes at his response. "Oh, really now?". 
"Since Mari's album is the only main project we're both working on, you know. We've got other little projects beside that". 

She shook her head at his honest reply, but was a little relaxed on her half too since she'd been working busy the past few weeks.
Less work hours and decreased stress seemed better than amazing. 

Jisung's phone buzzed suddenly, indicating he was getting a call from someone. 
His brows furrowed together when he saw his brothers' caller ID pop up on his phone screen. 

"Gonna take this call". He muttered quickly to her, accepting it and walking out of the producing room as he brought the phone to his ear. "Hello, hyung?". 
"Its me, your mother". 

He felt his heart sink a little hearing her tight voice float through the line and gulped down the lump forming in his throat. 

Of course she was calling from Jihoon's number, since she was one hundred percent sure he would answer. He'd been screening her calls the past whole week and ignoring all the text messages she'd sent.