5

Author's P.O.V

"Good morning". Jisung commented amusedly as she entered the music-producing room and threw her bag onto the couch before sitting down in the chair beside him, a firm scowl planted on her face.

"It's just morning, without the good". She remarked, opening her laptop to sign in.

It was just the two of them in the room. Him reading over some lyrics displayed on his computer screen while she scanned through the different tracks she'd composed, humming to herself.

A few minutes later, Mari joined them.

"I'm here". She announced her presence, walking inside to sit in between the two excitedly. "I heard that you both will be collaborating with me on this album".

Hayeon's eyes shot towards the messy brown-haired boy who was not surprised by the news one single bit. "What now? Since when? Who said so? Why wasn't I informed beforehand?".

The questions came tumbling out.

Mari laughed, giving a reassuring smile. "Since you both are already acquainted, I thought it'd be nice to collaborate as trio. Three heads are better than two, you know".

"Whoever came up with that didn't have a head in the first place". Hayeon muttered under her breath, eyeing Jisung who was once again gazing distractedly at his laptop. "God, give me strength".

The next hour passed by quicker than the trio had expected, and although there was hints of bickering between the high school rivals, it would end fast because of peacemaker Mari.

Mari wasn't wrong when she said three heads worked better than two, yet Hayeon wouldn't admit it that Han Jisung was confident and knew what he was doing. The idea of saying he was a creative and smart person was terrible enough.

After three hours had passed by, Mari waved her goodbyes to the two and left for photoshoot session, leaving the pair in an awkward silence.

"Don't you have like, any projects to work on?". Hayeon asked, eyes trained on her laptop. "Don't tell me you're gonna be here all day".

The brown-haired nonchalantly shrugged in response. "Not yet".

She swallowed a sigh. "Great". She responded, sarcasm underlining her tone. She stole a quick glance at him, turning back to her work before he could notice.

"Are you that happy to see my handsome face here for longer?". He teased, flashing her a smile.
Hayeon glared at him. "Keep dreaming ". 

The brown-haired boy rubbed his chin, an evident glint of mischievousness sparkling in his eyes. "Hmm.. I'm pretty sure you voted me the most attractive in our class in that anonymous survey our class did, back in tenth grade. Am I wrong?".

A frustrated groan left her lips at the mention of that humiliatingly memorable incident he brought up.

It was a survey one of their classmates designed to find out the top three most visually liked people in their class for her assignment, however it hadn't been so anonymously effective for Hayeon.

Somehow it'd ended up showing the people who voted the most good-looking guy, and it just had to be that Lee Hayeon's name flashed up first, right before her classmate could quickly freeze the display board.

That was the one incident Jisung would most likely never forget, and use as bait to annoy her until she was probably on her deathbed. No joke.

"That has no relation to this". She responded, keeping her cool as he spun around in his chair with his arms crossed over his chest.