9

Author's P.O.V

Hayeon cleared up her desk quickly, stacking the messy pens and papers away neatly and logging of the company computer before leaving the producing room.
Although it was nearing 7:30 pm, the company was still abuzz as trainees and idols walked around alongside other staffs. 

There was never a quiet day at YSJ. 

"Leaving?". Mina called, hurrying behind her to catch up. She tucked a strand if hair behind her ear, smiling teasingly. "Does someone have a date today?".:

Hayeon rolled her eyes, shoving her aside gently as they walked along the corridor, causing her to laugh. 

Mina pouted a little as they reached the elevator. "Hey, you still owe me a dinner together. It's been hella busy and hectic around but I'm not letting you off the hook". She reminded as the younger walked into the elevator. 

Hayeon saluted her, grinning. "Don't you worry. I'll treat you to dinner soon". She answered promisingly before the elevator closed and took her to the ground floor. 

She checked out and exited the company building, a rush of fresh night air sweeping through her hair and pressing coolly against her face.
She pulled her formal work clothes closer to her body, shivering at the sudden strong wind. 

She took out her phone to check the text messages she'd received, not noticing the figure which approached her slowly until they spoke. 

"Hayeon". 

Startled, she flinched a little, eyes darting up to meet his eyes and her heart dropping at the same rate it had as when she'd entered the meeting room yesterday morning. 

It was Yejun, once again.

Why do I keep bumping into him? She cursed internally. 

He kept his distance from her, noticing her discomfort as she took a cautious step away from him. "I don't mean to make you feel pressured or anything". He quickly reasoned. "Are you heading home?". 

She pressed her lips thinly, nodding in response. "I am". 

"Do you want me to give you a ride? I mean, if you're okay with that. Plus, I just wanted to briefly talk to you about... things, you know". 

No, she was not okay with it. 

Not one bit. Not at all.
But she couldn't say it to save her life. Her lips wouldn't part and her mouth couldn't form the sentences she so desperately wanted to. 

It made her feel so fucking weak under his gaze, around him that she wanted to slip away along with the wind and wish she was never near him again.

Even the sharp wind felt nothing in comparison to the way her chest tightened as he glanced at her. 

"I'll give you a free ride, so you don't have to like catch the bus or anything". He repeated, stepping forward. "You don't mind, right?".

Hayeon felt anxiety pricking at her instantly at his sudden movements, yet right in time, an awfully familiar face and voice interrupted him. 

"She does mind, actually. Because I'll be taking her home". Han Jisung replied, walking up beside her and meeting her concerned gaze.
He gave her a pointed look, gesturing to his arm slightly. 

She took the initiative as he held out his hand, and intertwined hers with it immediately, feeling her body calm down. 

Yejun's face fell. "Sorry? You are?".
Jisung feigned a forced smile. "Han Jisung, and I'm dating Hayeon so I'd appreciate you wouldn't offer to drive her home late at night when I'm well able to do so".