13

Authors P.O.V

"How old is your brother?". Hayeon asked curiously as the two left his car, standing at the entrance of the enormous hospital Jisung's older brother was a director at. 

He glanced over at her, tilting his head. "Why are you interested?". 

Of course, she couldn't for once just get a simple answer from him. Unable to resist, she stepped on his black sneakers lightly, giving a scowl and walking ahead to enter the place as he muttered complaints and followed her. 

The two took the elevator to the top floor of the hospital, navigating their way slowly through the corridor until they found the an office door labelled DIRECTOR HAN JIHOON.

Hayeon stepped forward to knock politely but the black-haired beside her was already one step ahead. 

He twisted the doorknob, barging inside as though he owned the place, with her following in step, slightly embarrassed.

"At least knock, Jisung". A voice sighed. 

Hayeon glanced towards the male seated behind his large desk. He wore a prestigious clean white coat and his hair was a messy light-brown shade. His features were sharper than Jisung's and skin more pale. 

Perhaps she'd expected him to look identical to Jisung, but the two could hardly be identical at all. 

"We look completely different, don't we?". Jihoon smiled, standing up and making his way towards the duo to greet them. "I'm Han Jihoon, pleasure to see you today". 

Hayeon shook his hand gently, mirroring the smile. "Maybe I expected you two to be twinning that's why". 

Jihoon laughed, nodding in acknowledgement. "Perfectly reasonable. Jisung resembles our father's brother more actually. Our favourite uncle. I take after both my parents, a mixture".
"Thankfully you don't take after their stinky personality". Jisung murmured in relief under his breath. It went unheard by the duo who was busy in talking.

"Ah, I see". She answered, fiddling with her fingers. "I'm Lee Hayeon, by the way. Your office is quite pretty. I mean, all the furniture and the color choices". 

Jihoon thanked her, urging the two take a seat on the deep brown couches which they did. The light scent of a chocolate cake candle wafted through the office. 

"Should I get you coffee or tea? Something to eat?". He asked, sitting opposite to the duo. Hayeon politely declined, and the twenty-six year old nodded, excusing himself from the office for a moment. 

She nudged the boy beside her who'd hardly said a single word since they'd entered, his attention somewhere else. "What are you so busy thinking about?". 

He shrugged, bumping his shoulder with hers hardly, just to annoy her. "I can't think if you don't shush, ma'am". 

"Ogre". She muttered, frowning at him.
He scoffed. "At least I'm not a dwarf looking gremlin". He shot back, crossing his arms begrudgingly.
"Oh please. Do you want me to show you your grade ten school photo? You look like a constipated squirrel, alright".
"At least squirrels are cute". He clicked his tongue. "Dwarves are just short, stubby and annoying". 

Hayeon gritted her teeth, pinching his thigh and he jolted at the sudden infliction of pain. "Shut up, what the hell is even stubby? I am nowhere near stubby". She deadpanned. "You really seem to have a death wish". 

The office door opened once again, suddenly, revealing Jihoon who walked inside with a proud grin on his lips as the two were caught off guard while throwing insults so casually at each other.