7

Authors P.O.V

h.yeon18 posted a story

yeon18 posted a story

...

Hayeon stood in front of the director's office hesitantly, shifting on both feet as she constantly went back and forth between the idea of knocking and entering or just leaving the files at his door, unprofessionally.

The blinds were closed, yet she knew he was in the office as she could hear him conversing on the phone.

A buzz from her phone pulled her away from her trance and she quickly accepted Ryujin's call, walking away from the familiar office door and near the lounge area in the company.

"Hey Jinjin". Hayeon grinned, bringing the phone to her ear to greet her friend.

"I told you to not call me that". Ryujin groaned from the other side. The nickname was invented by her older brother, and soon enough the whole group had started using it.

"It's too cute, what can I say?". Hayeon shrugged. "Anyways what's up? I'm at work right now".

Ryujin hummed in response. "I had the feeling you were suffering because of some bastard. That certain bastard obviously being Kang Yejun. You're not walking around on eggshells and avoiding him, are you?".

Touché.

Hayeon laughed, nervously. "No way". She replied, already aware her friend had caught on.

"Hey, Lee Hayeon, you listen to me". Her voice sharpening. "You can't let him walk all over you just because his position is higher than yours. You need to show him that his presence doesn't have any worth in your life and it doesn't affect you".

The dark-haired girl leaned against the counter in the empty lounging area, suddenly craving a cup of coffee which she made a mental note of to make.

"You need to maintain your professionalism because I'm telling you for sure he's going to act all friendly and close with you, forgetting that you two are at work. You need to draw the line and put him in place. Your stance in this is what matters, girl. If you show him you're the same Lee Hayeon who can't think straight when he's around, then he has the upper hand. You need to show him that you don't give a shit about his director position and keep your interactions only-work limited". She finished.

It was always Ryujin's pep talk that made her feel so much better and lighter, as though she had nothing to worry about.

"Thanks Jinjin". Hayeon muttered, quietly.

"I can't tell if that felt like a slap or support". The other girl replied in response.

Hayeon laughed, eyes crinkling. "A bit of both?". She joked. "But it made me feel tons better, I promise".

Ryujin clicked her tongue. "Exactly. Now go be the girl boss you are and stop avoiding him. Mark your territory, Yeon. And put that jerk back in place if he feigns any innocence".