34

Authors P.O.V

Mihyeon gently kicked her sisters' shin, snapping her out of her trance and she released a breath she didn't know she was holding. She curled her fists by her sides nervously before looking up. 

As soon as her eyes met his, it felt like her world had fallen into place. All the stress, all the loneliness, all the nausea that'd been eating away at her faded away. 

It'd always been like that.

Just one glance at him and she felt like everything would be okay. 

The way his carefree and unworried expression always seemed to relax her entirely still felt dreamlike. 

She couldn't help but say nothing at all and just look at him, as if them just holding each others' gaze was enough of an explanation. As if they could just keep quiet and communicate everything through their eyes. 

All the guilt, all the relief and even all the sincere happiness upon seeing him was all reflected inside those black orbs that became slightly teary. 

It was enough to decipher from her expression how comforted she felt upon seeing him. 

"God, this is awkward". Mihyeon cleared her throat, breaking the silence that'd lasted for a good few minutes. "Are you two just going to seduce each other with your eyes or like — ouch!". She exclaimed, when the elder stepped on her foot purposely. 

Hayeon side-glanced at her, glaring before turning back to the black-haired boy who was watching the two siblings, slightly amused. 

She nudged her sister away, closing the door before following him out of their front garden and onto the sidewalk of their quiet small street. 

Pursing her lips, she decided to speak up first. 

"How come you're here?". She asked, hoping her voice didn't sound too tight and anxious. 

He glanced at her sideways, shrugging nonchalantly. "I missed Daejeon. It's been a long time since I last came here. Its not only your hometown, you know, madam". 

She furrowed her brows, nudging him with her elbow. "I know, mister". She replied meaningfully, while rolling her eyes a little for the dramatic input. 

She was a little flustered when instead of him bickering with her, his lips tugged upwards into a wide smile, causing his eyes to crinkle prettily at the corners. 

A brief breathy laugh left his lips, them both stopping beside each other on the pathway. 

"Why're you smiling?". She muttered, cheeks heating up.
"I missed that. Your little pissed expression that makes you look like an angry bird". He grinned, causing her to scowl a little. "I feel strangely better seeing it too". 

Hayeon's cheeks reddened and she looked away from him, continuing walking although she was still in a daze from the fact that he actually came all the way to Daejeon and was trailing right behind her. 

Despite the craziness of their situation, she felt her stomach grumble. 

And that was how the two found themselves at a restaurant near their old high school, somewhere they'd used to come around all the time when school ended. 

The two walked inside, nostalgic smiles instantly making their way onto their lips as they found themselves a spare table in the corner. The place was mostly vacant besides them, a couple and a group of three friends. 

"Its been five years". Jisung stated, looking towards her who was in awe at how the restauraunt still felt and looked the same as the last time they'd came.
"And yet nothing changed".