38

Authors P.O.V

Hayeon lay in bed thinking about her day in more detail. 

She'd had this habit as a child, thinking everything through, every conversation and every situation that'd happened before she went to sleep.
She'd always had issues in sleeping well yet they'd gotten a whole lot worse after Yejun.

She sat up, a sigh leaving her lips as she switched on her bedside lamp.
She couldn't get Jisung's suggestion off of her mind. 

Reporting him to the police..

It was something that'd struck her before too, yet she'd never properly considered it.
At the time where their relationship was on edge, at its worst, she'd thought about it many times.

In fact, she'd dialled the police stations' number many times only to switch off her phone and blink back tears. 

She'd never actually mustered the courage to do something about the abuse that'd only gotten worse with time. Even breaking up with him was a decision that'd been difficult to make. 

She remembered how she'd moved houses instantly after breaking up with him and changed her phone number.
She remembered how she would always walk so cautiously back home, turning every second back due to the doubt that he might appear out of nowhere.
She remembered how she would flinch in terror whenever the doorbell rang even though she knew it was just the takeout she'd ordered. 

That period of time had been simply just a painful and miserable time.
A time where she'd felt completely at her lowest. 

Hayeon had been rebellious, talkative and outgoing. 

She'd been so confident and perfectly clear about her opinions and feelings. It was insane how their relationship had completely changed her. 

It'd take her a long time to try and find the person she'd used to be.
In fact, she hadn't completely remembered her old self until Jisung had appeared in her life again. 

It was the recollection of her high school memories and their rivalry that made her recall the happier times in her life. 

The ringing of her phone interrupted her train of thoughts and Hayeon reached over to it, shaking her head as though her thoughts would disappear if she did so. 

She blinked at the contact, a small smile illuminating her face as she swiped to accept it. 

"Why do you always call at the right time?". She murmured, leaning her head back against the headboard of her bed. "Just as though you know". 

"Were you thinking about me?". His voice was a little cocky and she could envision him smirking because of the tone that underlined it. 

She scoffed at his confidence. "Wow, bold assumption really".
"Don't try too hard to hide that you were". He teased in response. 

She rolled her eyes. "Why aren't you asleep yet? Its late". She replied instead, ignoring his comment though she knew she was in no place to question him when she couldn't fall asleep either. 

"Hm, you're one to say".
She sighed. "Knew you'd say that". 

"I miss you". He murmured, sighing. The confession caused her heart to skip a beat, a smile automatically making its way onto her lips. 
"Wow. Its so weird hearing you say such sweet things".

A chuckle was heard from the other line. "What do you mean weird? I feel offended".
"Weird but good". She admitted. 

She pulled the covers over her body, shivering against the cold wind that blew in from her partially opened window.