17

Authors P.O.V

@h.yeon18 posted a new story 

yeon18 posted a new story 

...

"Ready?". Hayeon asked, eyes trained on soloist Yeorin who was inside the recording room while the younger producer was adjusting the levels and music outside. 

Hayeon had been working on Yeorin's new single release for the past two months, and since the lyrics and soundtrack were finally ready, she'd asked her to come in once and sing it as a trial to see how well her voice would go with it. 

The producing room door opened, revealing Jisung who walked inside. "Recording something?". He asked, gesturing to Yeorin in the recording room. 

Hayeon shook her head. "Testing out before the meeting". She answered. 

Jisung didn't say anything else, plopping down beside her quietly and urging her to continue. She held up her fingers, counting down to three before she would play the music. 

As soon as the music turned on, she turned the sound levels slightly higher, Yeorin's gentle voice echoing in the room. 

Hayeon felt her chest tighten. The song she'd solely composed and been working on relentlessly was being brought to life. Needless to say, the song fit Yeorin's voice perfectly. 

She was so immersed into the song, she didn't notice the black-haired boy's intent gaze on her. Her eyes were only on Yeorin, who sang it with so much emotion that it tugged at her heartstrings. 

Hayeon was brought out of her trance when the song ended, and she clapped a little when the soloist walked outside with a wide smile. 

"How was it?". Yeorin asked the younger girl curiously, tucking back her short brown hair. 

"Beautiful". Hayeon smiled. "It fits you perfectly". She fanned her eyes a little that had been slightly building up with tears which she hadn't noticed. 

Yeorin thanked her. "I'm sure CEO Yoon will approve of it. I've fallen in love with the song myself too. I don't want to release anything but this for my next single". She stated, firmly. 

Hayeon's heart surged with happiness and she unplugged the USB with the saved song as well as the sample she'd recorded now with Kim Yeorin's voice before the trio headed out to the meeting. 

The meeting room was empty when they reached there and took their seats. Soon afterwards, CEO Yoon entered alongside Producer Mina and another songwriter under YSJ, Hanmin. 

"Morning, all". CEO Yoon smiled tightly, sitting down and glancing at the golden watch on her wrist. "Let's get this done quickly. I have to leave for a conference in forty minutes".