1

Author's P.O.V

Lee Hayeon glanced at the black watch on her wrist, relieved to see that she would finally be dismissed in less than ten minutes as she submitted the documents she'd continuously been working on.

It had been a little over six months since she had started working as a music producer at YSJ Entertainment, and she'd marked her place within not only the company, but industry.
Her professionalism and uniqueness was truly unmatched.

However, just like any other exhausted employee, she was ready to leave work for the Friday afternoon and sink into the comforts of her bed.

A head popped around the open door of the producing room she sat in, experimenting with various sounds. It was her cheery colleague, Kim Taeri, who was the head manager of the PR team.

"Ready to go home? It's been a tiring week". She stated, flashing a smile.
Hayeon nodded. "Definitely. I'm guessing you're still not done yet". She remarked, gesturing to the thick files Taeri held in her hands.

Taeri laughed. "This is the guidelines for the new interns. I'm working late today, meeting up with a reporter before I head home".

The conversation was cut short by the continuous ringing of Hayeon's phone and Taeri excused herself to leave while she answered the call.

"Song Yuqi, what do I owe in exchange of the pleasure this call brings me?". She spoke up, bringing the phone to her ear as she signed out of her laptop, a smile pulling at her lips.

"Yeon! I thought you wouldn't pick up". Yuqi replied, quite frantically. "Are you still at work? When does it end today? Are you working late?".

Hayeon grabbed her handbag and locked the door before leaving outside in the sophisticated company hallways.

"One question at a time, my dear". She grinned, laughing "What's up? How'd your interview go?".

"It hasn't even started yet! It'll begin in twenty minutes. There was some issue so it was delayed a little. Talk about professionalism". She grunted. "I have a huge favor, if you don't mind".

Hayeon hummed. "Favor, you say? Sounds suspicious".
"A favor only you can do. One you excel in". 

She stopped, evidently realizing what her friend meant and a complaining groan left her lips. "Song Yuqi, you better not say what I think you're gonna say".

"How do you catch on so fast?". She replied and Hayeon could almost imagine her pouting. 

Hayeon stepped into the lift, pressing the button to take her to the ground floor which was where the carpark was located, as well as her car.
"I'm not replacing you on your blind date". Hayeon declared. "It'll be the third time if I do so again".

Yuqi's parents were quite impatient when it came to her love life. 

They'd been adamant on playing cupid together to match her with someone whom they believed was the perfect life partner for their daughter.

Their daughter, on the other hand, had no interest whatsoever in dating or starting a relationship. Ironically.

"This time I have a proper reason though!". She explained. "Like, I really need to get this job, Yeon".

Hayeon shook her head, unlocking her car and seating herself inside. "Just tell them you can't make it? All I want right now is my beautiful soft bed. Not to put up with some snobby overly confident guy who keeps flexing his expensive watch". She rolled her eyes. 

Yuqi laughed, agreeing. "I know, it's Friday afternoon and everyone is done with the week".

"I'm glad you understand my point. I'm hanging up now".

"Wait! No!". She shouted, her tone desperate. "Hayeon, you can't let me down like this. I know I'm a peasant who is not worthy of your help, but please spare me this time? Will you please?".

Hayeon groaned.
"Free ice-cream for a week? My treat, of course". She challenged.
"Tempting, but I'll pass". She declined. 

"Fine, free ice-cream and bubble tea". Yuqi promised. "Tempting enough, your majesty? It's all on me this week".

She tapped her fingers against the steering wheel, running a hand through her dark hair before sighing. "Fine, but this is the last time". She warned. "Last time, for real".

"Thank you so much, Yeon". Yuqi exclaimed, ecstatically. "I'll send you all the details, you go there and slay like always".

And that was the beginning of a very memorable Friday evening.

...

I can't believe I'm agreeing to this.

Hayeon stood beside the entrance of the large restaurant, eyes weary as they looked around.

It was an expensive and quite sophisticated place, so she assumed the son was probably from a wealthy family or some influential person himself.

She tucked back a strand of dark hair, inhaling a deep sharp breath as she adjusted her outfit. Since the drive itself would take a good fifteen minutes, she had no time to change into anything else and decided to go with her work clothes instead of rushing to switch outfits.

Hayeon stepped inside, puzzled on where to go when a lady approached her. Her hair was tied back into a tight bun and she flashed a kind warm smile.
Her name tag read KIM EUNJI.

"How may I help you?". She asked politely.
"I have a booking". Hayeon answered, showing the details to her. 

Once she'd quickly checked in, Eunji led her to the large table in the corner and she could only see the back of the male who was seated there.
Her brows furrowed a little as she stepped towards him. 

Her nerves began to kick in, but she attempted to brush away the slight anxiety and keep herself together. Eunji dipped a quick bow and left once she'd arrived.

The male then stood up and turned around to introduce himself, and it was then did Hayeon's jaw almost dropped to the ground upon seeing who was standing right in front of her very eyes. 

It was none other than Han Jisung. 

... 

the loml 💘