33

Authors P.O.V 

Hayeon lay in her bed, wide awake with a large blanket covering her body as a gentle breeze blew through her half-opened window. The curtains were drawn back, moonlight spilling into her room and illuminating it. 

When she'd returned with Mihyeon, their mother had already went to bed. Unable to disturb her sleep, Hayeon quietly retreated to her room despite the urge to apologise instantly for her rude behaviour earlier. 

She knew things would cool down by morning time and it'd be easier to talk to her mother after thinking things through. 

She didn't want to say anything recklessly. 

Yet her head felt heavy with all the thoughts that surged through them, preventing her from sleeping although her mind and body were exhausted. 

Her and Mihyeon's conversation at the park earlier rang in her head multiple times to the point where she would grab her phone to text Jisung, only to let it fall beside her again. 

She could see the notifications from the group-chat yet she avoided them too, not wanting him to think that she was solely ignoring him.

It felt so complicated.

She was making it so unnecessarily complicated. 

She sighed harshly for the nth time, running a hand through her hair before sitting up and leaning over to switch on her bedside lamp. Just as she did, her phone pinged, indicating she'd received a text. 

fave sis mihyeon 💪💕

asleep?

nope
im so tired but the sleep isn't coming

up for karoake? 

for sure

...

"You're crazy". Mihyeon murmured, shaking her head at her elder sister who was singing out to her hearts content in the small karaoke room they'd rented out for an hour. 

The lyrics flashed on the screen in front of them who were seated comfortably on the couch, grasping a microphone each in their hands and oblivious to their voices bouncing loudly off of the walls in the room. 

It was a little past midnight when they'd left their house and caught a cab to the place they'd used to often spend time together at a few years back when Hayeon hadn't moved to Seoul. 

It felt incredibly nostalgic after coming back when a good two or three years had passed. 

"I nailed the high note". She stated, grinning at Mihyeon who was still processing how her sister had the energy to keep going. "You sing the next one, its all English". 

She opened a water bottle, taking a long sip from it before urging the younger to go on, knowing her pronunciation in English had always excelled. Mihyeon cleared her throat, pressing the play button to the next song and the lyrics flashed boldly onto the screen. 

"I love this song". She smiled, glancing towards the elder. "Let me show you what nailing a song really means". 

Hayeon narrowed her eyes at the lyrics concentratively, leaning back onto the couch whilst Mihyeon was stood a few meters away from her, singing the intro. 

Maybe, it's the way you say my name
Maybe, it's the way you play your game
But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you
But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you

Her grin faded upon focusing on the song which Mihyeon sang, glancing specifically towards her with a meaningful look. 

And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine
'Cause I'm in a field of dandelions
Wishing on every one that you'll be mine, mine

And I see forever in your eyes
I feel okay when I see you smile, smile