21

Authors P.O.V

Hayeon didn't go to work the next day. 

She called in to report to CEO Yoon and requested if she could work from home for a few days, using the reason that she wasn't feeling well enough to physically come in person to YSJ. 

Thankfully, CEO Yoon had agreed and allowed her to work from home for the next three to four days before returning in person. Although it was quite generous in comparison to usual, it didn't feel like enough of a long time for the dark-haired. 

She was stirring a cup of coffee during midday the next day when her phone began to chime, indicating she was receiving a call. 

It was Yuqi and an incoming video-call. 

"Yeon, are you okay?". She exclaimed worriedly once she'd swiped to accept. Her small fair face and pretty pink hair along with a concerned expression came into view. "I went to your company this morning and Jisung said you were taking working-from-home leave for a few days". 

Hayeon's gulped, pressing her lips thinly. "Did he say why?". She questioned, quietly. 

Yuqi shook her head, to the dark-haired girls relief. "No, he just said that you weren't feeling well and to call you if I wanted the details". She responded. "Hey! You didn't answer my question though". 

Hayeon grabbed her cup of coffee in one hand and phone in the other, walking towards her room. 

"I'm fine". She replied plainly, setting down her coffee on top of her working desk and logging into her laptop. "Just, I'm feeling like faint and a little sick. It would've been harder to concentrate there so I asked for a few days off". 

Yuqi let out an exaggerated sigh. "God, if you're not feeling well, should we go to the doctor? I'll take you in the evening".

"No, no, it's fine Yuqi". She assured, quickly denying her suggestion. "It's just a minor headache and some exhaustion. I'll be fine after more rest and maybe some painkillers, nothing to worry about". 

The Chinese girl was not buying her convincing techniques but didn't press further on dragging her to the doctors, although she felt tempted to. 

She decided to respect her decision, stressing how it was important for her to sleep and eat well as well as staying hydrated. After assuring her she'd try and come over the next day, she ended the call because the kids she was tutoring had arrived at the library. 

Hayeon sighed, tossing her phone on her bed and drawing back the curtains to allow a little bit of sunshine to pour in her dark room. 

She'd almost forced herself out of bed, extremely late and hadn't been productive at all. 

She plugged in her earphones, playing a soft playlist before attempting to head off in a productive space and get some of her work done while humming slowly and enjoying the peace on her apartment. 

There was a whirlpool of thoughts pressed in the back of her mind, demanding to be paid attention to and as much as she tried to ignore them, it was difficult to continue doing so. 

A sigh escaped her lips involuntarily, as she leaned her chin her palm, staring out the window into the open city view from her apartment.

It seemed like staying home hadn't benefitted her as much as she'd hoped it would. 

...

The black-haired boy let out an exasperated sigh for the nth time that day, massaging his aching shoulder as his eyes concentrated on the laptop screen. He'd just completed a vocal lesson with a trainee and was now working on Mari's album.